34 week scan this morning

lauramumof2

Reaction score
Hiya,
I had my 34 week growth scan today and it seems like its going to be another big baby. She said that baby is measuring to be at about 6.5lbs just now so could be about 9.5lbs by the time I have him/her.
Im only 5ft small, I will be waddling about again :roll:

Jess was 9lb 3oz and was 5 days overdue so goodness knows what this baby will be like.

And, baby is head down. It was really exciting to see baby again, the hands were up in front of the face.

Ouch Laura, that is a nice big baby isn't it??!

Looks like I'll be joining you on the big baby front though. When I had my 4D scan on Saturday (30w2dys), he was measuring 4lb 1oz! :shock:

Did I read somewhere that they put on about 1/2 lb every week from now on? If so, this one'll be a 9lber as well.

We should make the big baby club! :lol:

I said to the radiographer 'and baby will put on a half pound a week till birth' and she said 'yep, I wouldnt buy and first size baby clothes if I were you'. Oh dear.

I was quite optimistic when she said baby was head down but when she told me the size I thought that a section is really my only choice. I have the gyn on friday and that will be more or less confirmed. After a few conversations with one of the vbac mums on here I was thinking, maybe, just maybe for a vbac now im back with my section. I have too much time on my hands just now for pondering :bored:
What kind of delivery are you planning on having?

I had a 'normal' vaginal delivery last time, but had to have an epi and suffered for ages afterwards with the stitches. Not sure if this means I'll probably end up with another epi though. :?

My LO is currently breech, but there is obviously time for him to turn (not sure about the room though!) TBH, I really don't care what kind of delivery I have. I'm not one of those women who think that they have missed out if they end up having a section. Whatever is best for me and LO. Some days I even think I may prefer an elective section after the horrible labour I had last time, and I'm sort of willing him not to turn.

Will your section be earlier if you have to have one then? Do they normally book them in at 38 week?

see thats the way I think :D , im glad ive found someone who thinks the same. I would rather be prepared for my section well in advance so If I got the date on friday I would know where, when and mentally I would be ready. I think they do take sections up here earlier, but im not sure when, it might be the week before.

My baby was breech a few weeks ago and I could have sworn it hadnt turned. You would think that if baby was head down and at the size it is I would be getting kicked in the ribs but no, its all far down.

My LO is definitely still head up. I'm getting some great movements on my left side and I can play with him. He pushes a knee out, I push it back in, and he then pushes it out in a different place!! :lol:

I think in a way it would be quite nice to know exactly when LO will arrive. It would be wierd because my daughter was 19 days overdue. She was actually born 4 hours before I was booked in for my induction!! :lol:

I bet it was nice to have a scan again.

I was last scanned when I was 33+1 and my LO was about 4lb 3oz, hoping she might be a 6lb ish baby

Are you having anymore scans?

Nope, no more scans. They just wanted to check the size in case Jessica was a one off size but no, its another whopper. If you saw the size of me you wouldnt believe I had a baby that big.
This confirmed what they thought so its the gyn on friday for my last appointment. :D

Can I join the big baby club?

4 pound 8 at 31 weeks!

And I'm only a whisker over five foot as well :shock:

Blimey LittleMinx I think you qualify easily!!!

Im 5ft 1 1/2" so Im quite happy this LO is reasonly small!!!

Question for y'all, I presume it's not normal procedure to have another scan after your 20 wk scan, is that correct or is it area related. As far as I'm aware I ain't due no more scans - or do they only do a later scan if they are concerned about the little 'n????
I hope I won't be joining y'all in the big baby club, it's my first one and ideally I love for it to just slip out maybe about wk or so before it's due date, however I know pigs can't fly!!! Therefore I do realise that this will never be the case! I'll probably end up being induced and having a c section!!! :roll:

Hiya Daggers

I think if you are low risk you do not have any scans after 20 weeks unless your hospital are doing the pre term scan.

Ive had so many scans Ive forgotten how many ive actually had but havent had any since 33+1 weeks and hoping I wont need anymore.

Hiya daggers,
I got a scan last time at 30 weeks before they thought I was measuring small :rotfl: , she was lying the wrong way then came out 9lb 30z so for this pg they wanted a scan done at 34 weeks so they could determine the size and wether a section would be essential. But no, unless there is an issue then a scan isnt normally done past 20 weeks.

So you have finally turned - congrats! :clap: No more strange kicking for you then! Is it easier now the head is down?! Probably not with that whoppa pressing down on your bladder! Did you a feel a change after you're little one turned, trying to figure out if this little bugger has decided to turn yet?!
Kat x

Hiya Kat,
Im afraid the kicking is still as weird, sore and uncomfy. Not in a million years would I have thought baby had turned and the only think I can think was that the midwife got it wrong to start with. In hindsight, this lady sent me for the growth scan in the last pg worrying baby was small and she was huge.

The kicks or feelings are realy far down, nowhere near my ribs or that area.

All a bit strange. :cheer:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back