34 week MW appointment.........grrrrr

Chrissy1

Reaction score
My MW appointments are frustrating me more and more the further I am into my pregnancy. She is ALWAYS running at least 20 minutes behind so by the time I eventually get in there I feel like I'm just rushed through my appointment like a whirlwind and barely have time to think of all the things I wanted to mention to her let alone talk to her about them!!! I'm normally in and out in less than 10 minutes and during that time she barely looks at me to speak to me because she's too busy writing in my notes and looking at the computer.

Today was my 34 week appointment and I had to have a blood test because my previous two have shown an abnormal white blood cell count which could mean I've got some kind of infection somewhere. She didn't bother to explain to me what will happen if the count is still low or what impact it has on the baby etc etc :x :x

On top of that my next appointment is my 36 week one and because I've requested a home birth I know that at some time around 36 weeks that she has to call into me at home to drop off an emergency home birth pack........when I asked her about it I just got a reply of 'oh, remind me to pick you one up when you next come in'!! Ok.......well what if I go into labour at 37 weeks????? :think:

She had a student MW with her today and when the student sounded interested in me having a home birth my MW just said 'well.....she's going to have to see how she goes on first' :wall: :wall: I could have screamed at her.

When I first mentioned I wanted a home birth she was on holiday so I had to book it through a stand in MW who was soooo nice about it and really positive and even said that she's hoping she's on call the time I go into labour because she likes home births so much :D As soon as my normal MW was back she's done nothing but put a dampner on it and keeps going on about how it's my first pregnancy so no-one knows what will happen........do you think I'm not well aware of that woman!!!! :x :x :x gosh....she gets on my nerves!

I don't know what she's moaning so much for, she only works two days a week and one of those are spent in the surgery doing appointments so there's pretty much no chance that I'll get here when I go into labour anyway......at least I hope not :talkhand:

Anyway....just needed to have a rant and let off some steam, if there's anyone still there.....thanks for reading

:hug: :hug: :hug:

my midwife meetings are always late too, i can understand how frustrating that is :hug: :hug: :hug:
i don't know why they bother giving you a time, they should just say come in the morning/afternoon! & i always feel rushed, she feels tummy, takes my BP & off i go! she's only in once a week as well! last week she had the cheek to ask me 'is your mummy or your daddy your legal guardian?' i was shocked! i don't have a legal guardian i'm 18, it was the most blatant agism i've ever heard! :evil:

hope things get better for you hun.

Bless your heart!

She sounds the same as my midwife totally dim! The stand in midwife I've seen a couple of times was brilliant, wish she was there all the time.

I'm glad I'm not a panicy type person and I don't have many questions.

Aww :hug: She doesn't sound very easy to talk to.

I think I would bombard her with calls requesting the home birth pack and maybe hint at making a complaint as you don't feel you are being properly attended to. Some midwives are better than others, it is a shame the stand in midwife isn't your normal one :hug:

my mid wife is the same. at my booking in apointment she said i shouldnt tell people i was pregnant because miscarriage was so common :wall: just what i needed to hear. i dont bother asking her anything now i just come on here instead :D

cheers ladies.....it's pants to hear that I'm not the only one frustrated by my MW

The main thing that gets on my nerves is that never once in any of my appointments has she bothered to ask me how I am or how I'm coping or if I've had any pains or anything!! Surely that should be the first thing she says to me when she sees me :x :x

She's always more concerned about telling me about herself........ I know that her daughter is now 38 weeks pregnant and is having a c-section next Thursday at 3pm and she went for her pre-op with her consultant yesterday. She even showed me a picture of her daughters bump on her phone!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

Sorry to hear you had a bad appointment hun :hug: Hope you get a better M/W when your in labour!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back