34 week appointment today

nmf1987

Reaction score
so all was good with bubs. fundel height is only 31cm though which is abit behind but she thinks it maybe because he is so low.

i mentioned that everyone has been guessing im going to be early which she said makes her laugh cos as soon as someone is pregnant people around them become midwives. this was all before she measured bump of felt for how he was lying etc.

then she felt where he was lying which was same as always bum by belly button head down low arms and legs to the right.

when i got off the bed and sat back down she wrote at brim in the engagement column. i asked what it meant and she said he will be engaged within the next few days by her reckoning and then she started talking about early labour and looking out for the signs etc. i then said ive had a light ache band round my belly and back like period pain and she looked and said make sure your bag is packed and if it gets worse call triage.

i couldn't believe it. now im making sure my bag is packed to night as bought last few bits today and then at least im organised.

sorry for long post. i do jabber on sometimes. xxx

wow! We are due same day and I finish work tomorrow (CANNOT WAIT!) and have my 34 week appt tomorrow as well. I bet you will go before me. Do you know if your mum was early with any of hers? I have heard that is an indicator...my mum went early with me and my 2 brothers.

xx

no she was 2 weeks late with me and late with my brother i think not sure. freaked me out the midwife talking about going into labour etc.

i didn't think anything of anyone else saying about it but because she looked at me so serious and said you must ring if your waters break. she then said try and keep him in there another 3 weeks so your full term.

i was thinking im not trying to get him out. he is being all hudini on my ass. lol. xxx

Lol "try keep him in there" your not gonna be trying to get him out yet. We'll wait and see if they are right and we go early...my baba engaged the other day. Also i have had mild period pains...i really don't wanna go overdue. Roll on 37 week. xxx

Sounds good hun! Hopefully you won't go too early!

x

lol shauna you never know. she said he is practically engaged but has a little bit more to go so has put at brim. scarey.

the last couple of days ive had the band round my lower back and belly and this morning was awake cos of braxton hicks. i keep talking to my belly and telling him to stay for 3 weeks. i have asked him nicely so lets see. xxx

awww exciting for you ! You can just stop thinking about queue jumping though - I'm first!!!! dont make me come down there to stop you! hehe. I had mine yesterday as well - she was a new midwife and I wasn't very keen on her she was maybe just being boring coz she is still getting the hang of things though - anyway she didnt tell me anything and i can't read anything she wrote. :(.

Oh i'm jealous! I wish my boys bum was by my belly button because he loves nothing better at the moment than jabbing it under my ribs taking my breath away! lol

Just make sure your bags are packed hun! :) x

Yep there would be SERIOUS trouble if you queue jumped me haha!

x

Yeah scary stuff. What do braxton hicks feel like? half my bump where baby is...when she moves it goes rock hard and sort of makes me stop what i am doing...is that just her moving or braxton hicks?
Don't think you will need to worry about us queue jumping you pinky lol. xxx

Had mine appointment yesterday, everything is ok, she said baby is not engaged but the head is down almost there cos when she was checking for his heart beart she found near belly button bit down... So she saod my 36weeks the bump should drop and baby will be engaged...so let see.

pinky if i queue jump you i will be worried. lol.

yeah i was told without fail she reckons at 36 week appointment he will be well and truly engaged.

one side of my bump is always solid shauna. he is always lying on the same side. back and bump to the left of my bump. he has been the same since 22 weeks. think he is abit lazy when it comes to moving. lol. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back