34 weeks appointment

AugustMum

Reaction score
Just got back from the midwife and just felt like saying how well it went!

Blood pressures absolutly fine, Ive got a little competition with myself not to let it get above 120/70.

The midwife did a bit of her Big Brother mojo though and I had sugar in my urine and she was like 'ahhh have you just had a doughnut'...so I admitted Id just eaten a cookie :)

Im measuring at 32 weeks which is fine and babys head down and they said (there was a student midwife there too) that babys head is just on the brim so ready to go into place at any point so if I feel any little niggles down there then thats probably what it is. Im preparing myself to walk like a duck!

That was it really :) its just nice when you have a nice simple appointment and everythings good. :D

All sounds great, i have my 34wk appointment tomorrow...hope it goes as well lol!

:yay: so glad everything went well. When do they start doing internal examinations? Is that how they tell if the head is engaged? I havent had one yet, just wondering if I should get my bikini wax organised for before my next appointment!

I haven't had any internals they just feel down by your pubic bone :) x

thats excellent news! :yay: I think it must be on the american websites that they talkabout it and I always think..hmmm...whats going on with these internals!

Lol I wouldn't be able to cope with internals every week I'm dreading the sweep I get Tuesday if she's still not here :( xx

Yeah internals arent until your overdue I think. Or if they think they need to but if every things good then they don't bother.

Like meeah though Im dreading them, really hoping I can just get away with not having any until Im in labour.

Lets hope you ger your little one moving before tuesday meeah!! x

Oh so glad it went well! my 34 week appointment was HORRIBLE i am glad they arent all that bad!

hugs

Glad it went well hun - internals aren't done until absolutely needed - ie during labour or for sweep. I have to say my first one ever was by a male mw and my OH was horrified - by that point i wasn't that bothered and beleive me during labour you'll be asking for one to see how things are progressing lol. Glad to hear babe is head down - know how you feel about pressure and movement down there i'm sure my babe enjoys poking my bladder!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back