3/5 engaged

Vicki & Nathan

Reaction score
i had my mw app and she said im still 3/5 engaged. does this mean its still a while off yet? i hope not :pray:

Hi Vicki,

'effacement' is when your cervix thins in preparation for labour. It doesn't actually dilate but just thins right out. So if this is happening to you, it shoudn't be long before dilation begins.

K.xx

i dont actually know how much i am as my mw hasnt told me and i havnt had a internal which i assume this is the only way to tell

yes, they would need to 'feel' the cervix to see whether it had thinned or not.

Although from what I've heard, you're better off having as few internals as possible, due to the discomfort they cause!

K.xx

I think head engagement is counted backwards from 5 to 0, so 3/5 is about half way?

i did read that most babies engage 2/5- 3/5 and stay like that until labour starts then they engage fully

I had my 34 week check today, she said baby is head down and about 4-5/5 engaged so he's starting to get into place I suppose. She did say not to get too excited as untill he's about 2-3/5 engaged some babies just decide to pop back out again have a move around and try again a week or so later. 5/5 is basically not engaged, 4/5 is started, 3/5 about half way 2/5 getting there and 1/5 almost done!!

My friend had her MW appointement who said she was 4/5 engaged, less than 48 hours later she had her baby!

Piglet xx

pigletpoo said:
My friend had her MW appointement who said she was 4/5 engaged, less than 48 hours later she had her baby!

Piglet xx
how many weeks was she?

I think your about half way there hun. I had a midwife appt yesterday and baby is 3/5th too. Some people stay like that until labour starts and then baby engages further. I'm hoping i dont have much longer. Hope you don't either. :hug:

I was 2/5 engaged 2 weeks ago and nothing has happened yet - although loads of BH contractions so I'm hoping it won't be too long!

andreag said:
I was 2/5 engaged 2 weeks ago and nothing has happened yet - although loads of BH contractions so I'm hoping it won't be too long!
we are due the same day! :D

She was bang on 38 weeks the day she had him - good luck :hug:

Piglet xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111