3/5 engaged at 32 weeks

Heatherb

Reaction score
Midwife came at about 12.15 (after me waiting in all morning for her!!). It wasn't my usual midwife, it was the one that delivered my little boy 2 years ago at home. It was lovely to see her and we had a good chat.

BP is up slightly from 90/50 to 100/60, but nothing to worry about.

Big thing is that baby is now 3/5 engaged!!! I knew it had dropped down over the weekend because baby is now resting right on my bladder and I am needing a wee all the time!! She said that if I get any painful tightenings or contractions to go straight to hospital. She also said that baby could come in and out of the pelvis, and so it doesn't necessarily mean that baby will be early. But I think that the fact that it is engaged and I've been having these strong BH's, she is just warning me. She said that at 32 weeks the baby will be fine, but they would want to try to stop anything happening at this stage (if it was starting).

So, don't know what to think now!! She said that the earliest possible date for a homebirth is 18th May, so I really hope this little baby hangs on till then at least.

Still getting really strong Braxtons, and period pains and back ache in the day and not just at night now.

Oh, and baby is measuring 31cm, but she said that it is probably slightly lower because the baby is engaged, so nothing to worry about.

Anyone know about early engagement in 2nd and subsequent babies?? Does this mean that labour is imminent?? Everything I have read says that once the baby's head engages, they are usually born within 2-3 weeks. This was true with DS2. He was fully engaged at my 37 week appointment, and was born at 39+4.

Must get my bags packed!!

Heather x

BIG hugs Heatherb :hug:
I've heard LO's head can engage a while before labour, but it sounds like your MW has been very informative and helpful, which is great, and I would just say to see how things go, and phone her if you feel changes, that something may be about to happen :hug:

Hi

Wow sounds like it is possible you can have your LO early!
Everything ive read is 2nd + babies are not usually engaged till right before or during labour .
I would have your bags packed just in case as you never know thats when i plan to have mine packed as well.
I guess if you start getting contractions you will know but hope your LO hangs in there for a few weeks longer so you can have your home birth .
Good luck hun :hug:
Katrina

Thanks for your replies girls.

I have decided to try not to worry. Baby will come when it's ready.

All I need to do now is pack my bags (been saying that for 2 weeks now!!).

Think baby is going to stay put there now though. I went tap dancing last night (regular monday night thing for me), and I did a lot of jumping around and jigging about, and so thought that baby would disengage, but certainly doesn't feel like it this morning.

Last night I had one really bad pain, that really did feel like a contraction. But it was just the one, so I'm not worrying about it.

Thanks again.

Heather x

Wow that is early for a baby to engage.

Just checked and my DS engaged 2 days before he was born.I do hope for your sakes LO waits for a while. :hug:

Keeping everything crossed for you Heather than bubs stays put for another few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back