2w - Open Cervix/Implantation Bleeding?

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by taylhann, Sep 6, 2016.

1. taylhann

taylhann New Member

Hello!

I am two weeks pregnant but have not yet experienced any implantation bleeding. Today, however, my cervix is a little low and slightly open. Even before my period my cervix never felt this open. Is this a sign that I should be experiencing implantation bleeding soon or is it bad news?

Thanks, xoxo

2. SiameseCatLady

SiameseCatLady Well-Known Member

Don't keep feeling your cervix is my advice and advice from my midwife too. I didn't have an implantation bleed until 7 weeks and sonographer so told em this was perfectly normal.
    Keep an eye on what goes on with your body, but don't worry.
    In my experience, you're far too early on to be worrying about implantation bleeds.
    Xx

3. Pambi

Pambi Well-Known Member

I've read somewhere implantation bleeding only occurs in 25% of pregnancies. I had some this time but had no bleeding with my first.

4. Emily0505

Emily0505 Well-Known Member

I've been pregnant five times and never once had implantation bleeding. It only happens to a minority.

I would stop poking around up there if I was you. Cervix position is a poor indicator of how successful a pregnancy is going to be.

Try and relax as much as to you can put speak to your gp if you're really worried. They may be able to offer you a blood test to check hormone levels.

XX

5. vegas

vegas Well-Known Member

No implant bleeding with this pregnancy or my first. To be honest i never go poking around up there i wouldn't know what i was looking for ha