Pre-eclamsia - 2nd time mums

Mrs_Jay

Reaction score
I had this mildly with my first it was controlled by tablets and i managed to have him naturally on his due day. but i want to ask someone who has already had who have had a 2nd baby (we are now trying for a 2nd) did you get it again or did you have a normal pregnancy?
Thanks in advice :hug:

not quite what u were asking hun, i didnt get it with my first but had to be induced at 35+5 with my second due to pre eclampcia

sorry probably didnt explain it very well. i wanted to know how likely it is for me to get it again if/when i have a 2nd. if i had it with my 1st... if that makes sense?

I had it the first time along with every skankin side effect you could imagine....induced at 32weeks. Perfect pregnancy and birth this time

This was a major concern of mine when we decided to try for another. I had pre-eclampsia fairly badly the first time round. My consultant told me that there is a general risk of about 10% in a second pregnancy if you've had pe. This may sound high, but if it does happen again, it is usually less severe and happens later in the pregnany.

I did get pre-eclampsia again, but this time I held on until 36 weeks, and my son was born weighing 4lb 15oz and only needed a week in scbu.

You will probably be offered more monitoring during pregnancy, but you should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back