2nd baby, vbac? Advice please

Stupidred

Reaction score
Hi.
My daughter was born by emcs (8lbs8) after failed forceps. My labour was excellent, spontaneous labour and i progressed to 10cm using gas and air and was in the birthing pool for around 5 hrs. I came out to try different positions to push. My midwife could see the head as she told me she could see lots of hair. But my notes suggest her head and shoulders didn't descended. I was so happy to have my daughter out safely and i know i tried as best i could. But i still have this niggling thought what more could i have done?

Now due again in March and my daughter will be 18 months. Vbac is obviously my first choice as I'll have less recovery time and the thought of not being able to comfort and cuddle my daughter at this confusing time if i have to have another section is killing me.

I want this birh vaginally and i just need some more advice really. I seemed to hit 10cm and started pushing because in my mind it was the magic number. I pushed myself into exhaustion and i can't help thinking i should have just breathed through my contractions and let my body push her out. But ibdo remember even as they were putting the spinal in i was being told to stay still but i couldn't help push.

Feeling a bit hopeless... Anyone have any advice? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back