2d/4d scans

monkeynut

Reaction score
We are thinking of having a private gender scan at 17/18 weeks but wondered whether to have a basic 2d or whether 4d might be better for seeing the babies gender? But wondered whether 4d would be a waste at this gestation?

Hey, I had thought the same thing but when I phoned the clinic they said they wouldn't even do a 3d at that stage because it is really not worth it - you imagine it will just be much clearer but in actual fact you can't distinguish much at that age. The place I went to did a 2D and got the gender then just spent a minute showing you 3d just so you'd be encouraged to come back at 28+ weeks to see the proper 3D when it really works. At 16 weeks the 3D just looked like I was growing a little alien! X

Just so you can see - this is my little one at 16 weeks and my profile picture is her at 28 weeks x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 19
I'd recommend after 20wks as we had one before & wasn't great. We had another at 24 then 34 and they are amazing & well worth the money

I had one at 18 weeks (gender scan with a 4D preview) and to be honest the images aren't great. Little one still looked very much like an alien at that stage! We went back for a 4D bonding scan at 29 weeks and that was sooo much better, this was one of our pics from that scan - worth waiting a bit I would say xx

Attachments

• Baby.jpg
    Baby.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member