28 week MW appointment today

Sherlock

Reaction score
Just got back from my appointment, hubby came with to this one so he could meet my new MW :) We are opting for a homebirth if all is well so he is reassured to have met her, had a chat, see if he feels confident in her and most importantly, to see if he liked what she had to say about homebirthing.

Result on all counts 8) :cheer:

My fundal height is 30cm at 28 weeks. MW said amused that baby was a 'good size' but was not worried about being too big at this point. She had a good prod and squeeze of my tummy and felt LO's head right down on my pelvis and had me feel also. I felt it! :D It was, well, a strange thing, to feel your baby's head, and feel it turning. She pointed out where the hands and arms seemed to be lying and also that the feet at the top. So those pummelling sensations I am having right now down on my bits is LO's hands giving it some welly :D :D She said baby was a real wriggler. Don't I know it :roll: 3 hours last night playing football with my insides :roll: Hubby was amazed at how forceful the kicks and so on were and LO went on for so long. Bit of a womb party was being had :lol:

Bloods were taken. She wanted to test for blood sugar as well but no vials left for those, so will have it taken at my 34 week scan. Urine dip was fine though. BP was 120/65 :)

And yes, I get a 34 week scan to check LO's growth etc and to be signed off by the consultant as ok for home birth. If I am not, I may have to argue my case, but MW is in my corner and said she can't see a problem at this point. So yay :cheer: Looking forward to seeing my LO again :)

Ummm, I'm happy :)

Now to go eat a double choc chip cookie :D

That's great news - looks good for the home birth!

Also, seems there are quite a few of us with biff babies! Wooooohooooo!

Great news!! Did you get to hear the heartbeat aswell?
Hope all is well at the scan so your homebirth goes ahead :)

poppy160 said:

We've got a doppler at home so I didn't worry. As LO is moving around so much MW said she didn't need to listen unless I wanted to. I must admit, as LO wriggles so much still atm I tend to only use the doppler at home when I want some baby time, usually before bed. Makes me feel all cosy and smiley lying there hearing LO's heartbeat.

Sherlock said:
poppy160 said:

We've got a doppler at home so I didn't worry. As LO is moving around so much MW said she didn't need to listen unless I wanted to. I must admit, as LO wriggles so much still atm I tend to only use the doppler at home when I want some baby time, usually before bed. Makes me feel all cosy and smiley lying there hearing LO's heartbeat.

I must admit I'm the same, we used to use the doppler constantly earlier on, then less when I started to feel movement and now OH can feel and hear the HB through my belly it only gets used when I want to hear :)

That's all very good and very positive! I'm pleased you had a good appointment and that hubby was able to meet your new MW too! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back