24 Weeks and getting anxious about a few things!

Alex22

Reaction score
Hey Girls, new to this group and this is my first post.

First baby and shes our little miracle. TTC for 3.5 years and after failed treatments she came alone!! A total miracle!!!

Anyway theres two things Im most anxious about. Braxton Hicks and Early Labour! Im 24+4.

Please could people tell me with Braxton:

When did they start?
How did they feel?
How will I know?

Early Labour:

What to watch out for and when to go into Hospital?

Thanks everyone, Im a total worrier! x

Congratulations and welcome to the forum :D

I've had BH from about 13/14 weeks, they've only starting hurting in the last few weeks but that it normally only once every few days that they hurt. I normally get them on a daily basis, bump will go rock hard for a few second and then relax. If they're the non-hurty ones, I only tend to notice them when I move about, as my bump feels very stiff.

I'm no help with early labour I'm afraid hun. I know that most first time mummies are usually late, but there is always the chance of popping early. Ask your midwife if there are any leaflets they can give you, or any information to help alleviate your concerns. Also, see if there are any books online about early labour. I'm sure there are ladies on here who will be able to give you first-hand accounts of early labour.

Check in the tri 2 section too, and join the mummies thread that you're due in. There are very lovely ladies on this forum and it's a great place to throw yourself into and share your pregnancy experiences with :)

braxton hicks started for me at 12 weeks but drinking water helps alot they have only returned now but they are real now. Not sure about prem labour it is something i was worried about but i have reached 32 weeks . Sometimes bh give me the feeling that i maybe near labour but all has been ok so far

Hey hun! Massive congrats and welcome! We aren't far apart in due dates- come join the August mummies in tri 2 if u like?

Braxton hicks I think r normal any when from 16 weeks on.......to me they feel like my tummy gets really tight and its uncomfortable- they usually go off with a change in position or activity!

In terms of preterm labour.....

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy-and-baby/pages/premature-early-labour.aspx#close

That's the basic NHS advice......Try not to worry hun.....unless theres a history of it in your family or a medical reason its more than likely you'll still be cooking bubs at 37 weeks :)

Btw- I didn't get braxton hicks until a lot later on in my first pregnancy- like about 32 weeks? This time they started about 20 weeks xxx

I started getting bh at about 20 weeks and I had a show at 25 weeks. Also prem labour is very common in my family and oh family but my little princess is still in there at 37+4. Just try to remember that every pregnancy is different so if itvhas happened to someone in your family it doesn't mean it will happen to you :)

Congratulations and welcome to the group, I don't know what I would do without this site sometimes, every time I'm worried about something my mind is always put at rest after talking on here :) x

Hello and congrats on being over 1/2 way through your pregnancy! :)
I had no BHs at all with my son - my waters just went one morning at 37 weeks.
With my daughter I had very definite tightenings that made my whole bump go hard for 30-40 seconds from 16 weeks (I even asked my midwife about them at my 16 week appt. so I know it was that early!). To start with I'd have 1 or 2 each evening, then it increased to 5-10 a day...and by 30+ weeks it was ongoing...and for over a month in the lead up to labour (at 39 weeks) I had them all the time every 15 minutes. You know they're not labour because they are tightenings but never hurt like contractions...which are uncomfortable and build up and up to painful.

As far as labour goes every one is different (my son took 3 days to arrive and my daughter 2 hours), but you can tell when you're at least 30 minutes to 1 or 3 hours from labour when it really hurts. I've only had 2 children but that is def. true for me. For my son's delivery it really hurt for about 20-30 minutes before pushing then took 1 1/2 hours and with my daughter it really hurt for about 20 minutes before pushing that then took 10-15 minutes. My friend's a midwife and she said that's why the NHS guide people to come at a certain rate of contractions, but also to listen to your body and pain and call in for advice (they listen to if you can talk and breathe easily through contractions to see how intense they are when you call the hospital). The only hard part is when it's your 1st you have nothing to compare it too, but basically uncomfortable isn't it...it'll hurt and you'll know.

Good luck and enjoy the next few months. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back