22 week Scan Mixed news

Heather Bear

Reaction score
Just had my 22 week scan and all was great and happy until we were told that the baby has a choroid plexus cyst on the right side of its brain.

Have done plenty of web research and apparently it is a 1 in 100 occurence and 95% of these just disappear, the cyst itself is harmless but can be a soft marker for other problems. Didn't make it back to work yesterday - I was far too emotional and today everyone is being too nice - I'm scared to burst into tears again...

Just wondered if anyone had had the same experience. I know logically that it should all be ok but I still feel like I've been punched in the stomach.

Hxx

Hi Heather

Just did a quick google search on your cysts and like you say it's a shock, but it doesn't seem serious. It says most of them disappear by the third trimester.

Have they booked you in for a later scan?

Hi Shaz! I have a re-scan in another 2 weeks because the baby was all curled up - so they can see if there are any other 'soft markers' - I was really enjoying being pregnant - don't want this to spoil it!
H

It's always a worry isn't it? I've got my 20 week scan in two hours and even though I'm excited there's alway a bit of worry in case things are right.

At least with the internet you can get more information on stuff like this and I know it's easy to say because it's not my baby, but the information I'm reading seems pretty positive stuff.

Did they check for any other abnormalities or was baby being too unco-operative??

Hello

Im sorry to hear this, i dont know much about this but found a site that looks pritty good and also has a message boards to chat to people who are going throught the same thing

http://www.choroidplexuscyst.org/

:moon:

Hello

Im sorry to hear this, i dont know much about this but found a site that looks pritty good and also has a message boards to chat to people who are going throught the same thing

http://www.choroidplexuscyst.org/

:moon:

I think they checked for everything else they could and there was nothing else - but being rescanned in two weeks so they can be sure everything has been checked.
My lunch of a McDonalds Fish Finger Happy Meal is cheering me up anyway!
Hope you enjoy your scan - they are still the best bit of being pregnant!
H

Aww Heather :hug:

Of course it is a shock but it really doesn't look like you have anything to worry about, its just such a shame that you have to worry.

good luck for the next scan when they should be able to tell you more :hug:

McDonalds always cheer me up... a nice fat juicy big mac..mmmmm :lol:

try not to worry sweetie... i know its easier said than done.. but think about all the positives..... and u will see that u are still blessed regardless...

big hugs..... :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi sweetie,

I know nothing about these cysts but just wanted to let you know that im thinking about you and praying that all turns out well in the end. Everyone wants the best for their baby. Il be sending you positive vibes!! :hug:

Sending postive vibes too!!! :hug: I know if it was me I would be upset, like Jaidy said we only want the best for our babies, I know im not in your shoes but try and keep your chin up hunny :hug:

Thanks everyone.... (why does people being so lovely make you even more teary!)
Hx

:hug: I know of two people who have been told at 20 weeks their babies have cysts, aparently its one thing they look for on 20 week scan now s it is so common...and both went on to have healthy babies...

Thinking of you I am certian things will be ok, eat LOTS of happy meals to make you an baby happy

Sending you lotsof love and hugs and vanishing vibes to the cyst, I bet in two weeks it will be gone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I know nothing about that but when I went for my 20 week scan with Luke they told me he had Penal Pelvic Dialation which is a enlarged entry into one of his kiddnies, I worried myself sick after he was born they folowed it up with tests but it was all ok. most things they find in the scan go when they are born try not to worry they will give you plenty of scans to keep an eye on it.
Good luck to you both

just to let you know I am thinking of you ...........

On a more positive note hun, did you find out the sex?

Let us know what your having if you did, or if its a suprise and il add you to the 'Whose Having What Sex' Sticky :cheer:

Hi Jaidy - didn't find out the sex as we forgot to ask in the end- but we are going to ask at the next one in a couple of weeks.
So I'll definately let you know.
Always wanted a girl - now I'm changing my mind to a boy.
H

Why is that any reason??

Il add you to the 'suprise' section for now then and if you find out just let me know and il change it :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back