Choroid plexus cyst

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by BUGGY82, Feb 20, 2012.

1. BUGGY82

BUGGY82 Well-Known Member

Ive not been around much as I'm having issues at work and then I went on holiday but back now and freaking out after getting my scan results. Hope everyone's doing great!

When we were at the scan the doctor told us everything was fine and now we have the report back they have reported a 7 mm choroid plexus cyst on babies brain!
    The midwife said that these can be common and usually disappear by 28 weeks but that they can be a sign of Triscomy 18 or Downs. She did say that as my other tests came back good for these she doesn't think this is likely but now I'm worried.

Anyone else ever had experience with choroid plexus cysts? Just looking for reassurance and info.

2. FirstBabyEek

FirstBabyEek Well-Known Member

Sorry, I didnt want to read and run. I have no experience in this whatsoever, but the fact that your blood tests etc came back ok, I wouldnt worry too much, certainly not at this stage. I assume you'll be referred to consultant care or at least have an extra scan at 28-30 weeks, which could put your mind at rest.

Have you thought about getting a second opinion with a private scan? I realise they can be quite expensive, but it might be worth thinking about.

FX for you xxx

3. LouiseB

LouiseB Well-Known Member

Really sorry you are so worried Buggy but they do seem to be common (1-3% of pregnancies) and they don't do any damage themselves AND if everything else looks normal then it is very likely nothing and it'll go away and everything will be perfectly fine xx

4. BUGGY82

BUGGY82 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping to get another scan around 28 weeks to see if it's shrunck, I'll ask on Thursday at my next appointment.
    Medical is all private here but hopefully insurance will cover the extra ultrasound.

Louise its great to hear from you, I keep checking in on you from time to time. How's your treatment going?
    Fingers crossed everything will be fine.