21 day blood test opinions please

Dee28

Reaction score
So i'm due to have my 21 day blood test this month and CD21 is Friday. However i didn't ovulate until at least CD18 (possibly 19) making day 21 only 2 or 3dpo. I understand that its called a 21 day blood test based on an average 28 day cycle and that progesterone peaks around 7 days after you ovulate and thats why the test is done then. So my question is should i go ahead and do it tomorrow and risk a low result that may stress me and may not be totally accurate, or should i have it done next Tuesday which will be CD25 but around 7 dpo for me? I'm thinking I should wait til next tuesday to get a more accurate result. I don't temp but i do opks and had smileys monday afternoon and tuesday morning. Thanks xx

can you call the surgery to check? Or go along to your appointment tomorrow and explain your situation, they might book,you in again for the tues. X

^^wss. I always assumed they took into account not everyone ov's on the same day but it's worth checking x

i'll just have to go to my local hospital and sit and wai for the blood test so they won't know, they just take what the form says. I did think about calling the GP but she was so vague about the whole thing when i asked for the blood test that i don't think she would be as knowledgable as i want her to be if you know what i mean!

I'm not sure waiting to ask tomorrow will be of any help, it's usually just a phlebotomist taking the bloods so they won't have a clue. Ring your GP and ask xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back