20 wk scan in the morning.

flaxen

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Im after a bit of advice.
Ive got my 20 wkscan in the morning (actually 20.4) the appointment was sent to me in the post in june so I never made it myself. I havent seen anyone since 12 weeks as I wasnt told I have to see anyone and no one has told me when I need to see anyone and they never write in the blue folder/book thing, (they didnt tell me anything to be fair as at 12wk scan and bloods for everything the mw was too busy asking me advice on her rabbits! Im a vet nurse)
What I need to know is do I just have a scan tomorrow and go home afterwards or do I need to see someone? This is our first baby and I dont have anyone I can ask or compare things with.
Thanks.

you should really have seen your midwife at 16 weeks hon......did you have a booking in appt with your midwife? x

good luck for your scan, but as samsgirl says you should've had a midwife appt at 16 weeks. this is my first and i got my 16 week appt booked when i had my bookin in appt with midwife when i was 8 weeks.

as far as after the scan, it is just the same as the 12 week, scan then home.

i would suggest you phone ur midwife tomorrow and ask when you will be seeing her next given you didn't have a 16 week check.

good luck for the scan! will you be finding out what team you are on? :hug:

Thanks, I had a booking in apt but as we didnt know how far I was ( dont have periods) we had a scan that told us I was 10 wks. I then saw them at 12 weeks for D/S scan and they took all my bloods at once ( Im very needle phobic and they are only getting blood once). I was never told anything about when to see anyone next and I dont know anythng different not having had children before and wont be having anymore. They rang 3 days later and left an answer phone message that said results were all normal. I havent heard from them since!

I would definately give ur midwife a ring tomorrow first thing and arrange another appt with her xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back