20 week scan

Little bean

Reaction score
Hi I have my 20 week scan on wed very excited and nervous. Can anyone tell me if I need to take a wee sample with me and do they do blood test on this one? Many thanks. Xx

Good luck for Wednesday. Mine is next Tuesday. Nervous and excited!

Here we don't ever do urine samples or blood tests when getting scanned, only midwife or if seeing consultant would do that here, but I know it varies in different areas. Here midwives want a urine sample every visit, but they only take bloods at booking in.

Good luck hun xxx

I didn't have any blood or urine tests at my 20 week scan. I had it after my 12 week one but that's it :)

Good luck, hope it goes well! :love:

Last edited:
OOOO good luck hope it goes well.

They didn;t do bloods or wee tests this time when we went for 20 weeks :)

Sorry to hijack your thread, but does anyone know if you need a full bladder for 20 week scan? As I booked mine at my 12 week scan I haven't had a letter so not been advised x x

I can't wait for my 20 week scan, I didn't need to take a urine sample for my 12 week just a blood test. My midwife said to just bring urine samples to my appointments with her. Are you finding out pink or blue? :) xxx

Last edited:
Sorry to hijack your thread, but does anyone know if you need a full bladder for 20 week scan? As I booked mine at my 12 week scan I haven't had a letter so not been advised x x

Hey hun because the baby is much bigger I was told I didn't need a full bladder for my 20 week scan xx

i had to take a wee sample in to my 20 week scan as we had to see the midwife after. No blood was taken though. They also asked if I could have a full bladder for scan. x

I didn't go with a full bladder, just normal, and it didn't cause any problems :)

Last edited:
My letter for my 20 week scan asks for a full bladder, which I thought was strange especially as with my 12 week one it said I didn't need a full bladder.

Good luck and enjoy ur scan :) xx

I didnt have to have a full bladder at my 20 week scan but had to give a urine sample and got bloods taken too xx

Thanks for advice really excited, not finding out what we are having but knowing me that could change lol. So after reading the threads not sure if I'm going with a full bladder or not. At my 12 week they told me to empty my bladder as little bean wouldn't turn over so they could get measurements, I had an empty bladder in first place lol. Xx

on my letters for my 20 week scan it doesnt say anything about a full or empty bladder so im going with maybe have a few sips of water once im there.
No bloods to be taken either x

It's probably best to go with a reasonable amount in ur bladder and then u can always empty it if needed. Easier than trying to fill it up! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back