20 weeks scan... Nervous

SiameseCatLady

Reaction score
Hiya.
I have actually managed to relax a little recently and having heard hb a few times now (I have a MW app. every two weeks now to support anxiety) I feel it's easier to be ok with it all.
However, the 20 weeks scan does unnerve me...
I have it on Friday and whilst all has been ok, apart from a couple of extremely short, dark brown bleeds, I am still worried.
I had a private reassure scan at 18 weeks and she said I was measuring a day behind what I was all along, but that she saw no problems and wasn't worried at all.
I am utterly paranoid though and the scan photos were really awful, blurry and you can't really see anything much. Also, when she looked at the baby's brain, she had a weird look on her face and didn't really say anything, moving on quickly. Feel like she was hiding something from me...
My baby looked so cute on screen although very scrunched up!
But, what are the chances of anything major being wrong? I don't want to sound annoying or ungrateful about this gift we've been given, but so worried something is going to be wrong :-(
Xxxx

Try not to worry.. I know its easier said then done, I was also really nervous before but since you had a 18 week scan I am sure all is ok.

I do not believe the private sonographer would hide anything from you, that's really unprofessional and not something they would do. If she saw something she would tell you and refer you to your GP/Midwife I am sure. I went for a private scan and she said that if she would find something worth investigating she would refer me back to my GP/normal hospital so don't worry about that.

I was measuring almost 2 weeks behind in some areas but they did not seem concerned so a day is nothing!

Good luck and I am sure it will all be fine and you will get some great pictures! :) xx

Thanks so much - what a lovely reply.
That has made me feel a lot better!
She said anything up to two weeks is fairly normal! Every time they say something like behind or backwards or something, you just jump to the worst possible scenario, don't you?
Fingers crossed all ok with mine. Seemed to be moving around enough!

Hey SCL - I agree with Maria... The private company would definitely refer if they thought something was wrong. They wouldn't want bad reviews either!! When they say a day behind etc it's a best guess as they're measuring through fluid and our bodies to get to the little beans.
Relax and enjoy your next scan (easy for me to say but no point worrying about something that hasn't happened).
Xxx

Hope your feeling ok, anxiety is annoying isn't it. Try not to worry distract yourself xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back