20 week scan

chitters100

Reaction score
Hello all. Please bare with me, I've never used a forum before!
I recently had the date for my next scan through and I'm not sure if it's ok?
I'm currently 15 weeks and 4 days. My "20week scan" will actually be when I'm 24 and a half weeks. Is this normal to wait this long? Everything I've read and been told is that it should be it at 18/21 weeks.
Thank you!

I think it's supposed to be done by 20+6 hun. I would telephone the sonography department and ask them to reschedule for an earlier date.

Last edited:
My "20 week scan" was done when I was 22+3. 24 weeks+ seems a bit late though. I'd definitely give them a call to check and they can then rebook if necessary.

mine was done at 21 and then at 22 as i needed a rescan due to positioning.

24 weeks seems a logn way away. contact yoiur mw and ask her about it - usually contacting antinatal In my experience is a waste of time. sometimes appointments can be weird and pointless times - i was gieven an appointment to review my 31 week scan at 35 weeks... they just dont think

I was actually given an appointment to review my growth scan the day after my c-section was scheduled! Always worth checking to make sure someone's not been a total idiot... lol

yeah theyb tried to give me a =n appointment for a 36week scan after my duedate lol

No that's wrong, I'd ring up and request an earlier scan date.

24 weeks is the cut off line for termination and the 20 week scan is a diagnostics and if there is anything severely wrong the with baby - chromosomal abnormalities, heart problems, spinal problems ect then the lady/partners have the option to terminate due to an unhealthy baby.

It's rare but it's the same reason the dating scan is done between 11-14 weeks because the cut off line for testing for downs is 14/15 weeks.

I'd call up and make an earlier appointment hun, I think there might have been a mistake with dates. xxx

Hello, not long finished work so haven't been able to respond.
Thank you for all the advice. I'll contact my midwife and see if she will be able to help me out.
Thanks again x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back