• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2 year old still waking through the night!

Hypnorm

Reaction score
Ewan still wakes during the night asking for a drink!
Is driving me mad! if i dotn give him a drink he will just scream.

Think i will have to do controlled crying as he really doesnt need a drink during the night. He will only take milk too!! tried the water and juice but refuses it till he gets milk!!

Stubborn little boy he is!

Think i have had a period of about 6 months where he slept through.

Yeh Lydia needs milk to sleep aswell.

We put her down with a full bottle of milk, and then she'll sleep for about 9 hours, and then she wanders into our room and gives DH her empty bottle and says calmly "bottle's empty. want more milk". Then she calmly goes back into her own room and sits down on her bed waiting for DH to go and re-fill her bottle.

Then she goes back to sleep for another 2 hours or so.

I have no idea how to get her to sleep without her bottle of milk.

Ewan goes to bed at 7.30-8 and this past week has woken around 2 am. and then 6 am! usually if i give him a drink at 6 he will go to sleep for a couple more hours if i am lucky!!

We must be the unlucky ones! when i heard of other people saying their 2 yr old still woke i thought no i hope Ewan doesnt do that!! tempted fate thinking that didnt I!

My little lad is three and still needs a drink and will come and wake me when he wants one, my advice is too put bottles or whatever you use into his room so when he wakes up he will see them and drink them and hopefully not wake you up

Jack still does it hun, so at least you are not on your own :)

mrs_tommo22 said:
My little lad is three and still needs a drink and will come and wake me when he wants one, my advice is too put bottles or whatever you use into his room so when he wakes up he will see them and drink them and hopefully not wake you up

Tried that but he doesnt see them.

He woke at 2.30 last night so i went in to him and said no milk tonight have some in the morning, its sleepy time now. good night gave him a kiss and a hug and left the room, he cried for about 5 mins and then went back to sleep he then woke at 5.30 so i gave him his milk then and he went back to sleep. That was slightly more acceptable so will continue doing that and see what happens.

Ellie is still waking at night for a drink every now, the last week of so it seems to be every other night. The only thing I can't help thinking is that I drink at least 1 whole glass of water a night, sometimes 2, the other night I finished both my large glasses of water and had to go downstairs and get my self another glass of water as I was parched. So at what age can I leave her with a drink that she can give herself? NB I don't use bottles at all now.

oh god poor you, dont have any advice apart from whatever you decide stick with it & good luck ! :hug:

Last night went to bed 7.45 woke at 2.30 (damn the clocks!) wanting a drink, when i said no drink sleepy time - screamed head off, tried leaving him whilst i went to the loo! still screaming so went back in, he started talking about various things then asked for a book!! so got a book and made up some random story not that he see anything of the pictures about a good boy going to sleep and having his milk in the morning. included bob the builder in there somewhere lol!
Then asked him if he was going to lay down so he gave me a kiss and cuddle and laid down. so i left him and he slept till 5.30.

I worry about him screaming as it wakes hubby up and he drives early in the morning long distances so i like him to have a good night.

Amazing how my body adjusted to not having much sleep!

Maybe he wants milk rather than water or juice because he is a bit hungry and milk is more filling than just having a drink of water or juice. If it was Isaac I'd try giving him some supper before bedtime. On a sunday, because we have a big lunch I give Isaac toast and marmite about half and hour before bedtime just so he won't wake hungry in the night.

Just a thought :think:

Lou :D

Hi,
Just seem to have cracked this with 18 month old. We did controlled crying and boy it was hard. The first night he cried for 3 hours (it was a Friday night so neither of us had to work) - we were so tired the next day we barely spoke to each other. Anyway after a few nights he slept through and we thought we had cracked it but then he started waking again so we perserved and fingers crossed he now seems to be sleeping from 8.00-6.30 which is ok by us. TBH now we are getting a full nights sleep we realise how sleep deprived we were.
BTW I don't think son woke because he was hungry as now when we get up at 6.30 he doesn't always take bottle. I think he woke and couldn't get himself back to sleep without the bottle.
Anyway good luck - I know how you fee. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back