• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1st midwife appointment

Francesca26

Reaction score
Hi, i am 7+5 weeks and have my first midwife appointment tomorrow. Do i go to this on my own? I dont think the OH is interested in going plus he cant get away from work that easily. The midwife mentioned something on the phone about asking family history details, will they need to know anything about the OH family medical history or just mine? Confused :/ x

I had mine last week (9+5) and I'm glad my oh didn't come! They ask you tonnes regarding you, the only ones they ask about OH are questions such as has he ever physically hurt you, the social services type thing, then you pee on a stick for blood sugars etc, get weighed and talk through the tests they offer at 1st scan. Mine took about an hour.

Thanks for the info. Thats put my mind at rest that he doesnt need to be there, id rather go by myself anyway.

I had mine last week too, I was also pleased that my OH didn't come, on my last pregnancy he came to all the appointments, I think sometimes you need that one 2 one with your MW. Plus he wasted my time with her with his silly questions :whistle:

That what i can imagine my OH doing, getting bored asking stupid questions and messing around which will only embarress me. Its like taking a child out sometimes lol

OH didn't come to my booking in appointment!

They only asked really basic questions about his family history, so basic I can't even remember :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

my mother mentioned an internal... can someone put my mind at ease and tell me when i first need to prepare for that :|

Not heard of that until labour. I wouldn't worry. Ignorance is bliss!!!

I was told to see the midwife at 8 wks. Guess it varies in different areas?

X

I was told 6 weeks and no need to see doc. Had to argue with them last week to get a docs appointment for today cos of my meds etc.

On my first Mw appointment at the GP surgery, my OH came with me, just because he wants to be there for them all. As it's our first bubba..

She asked me medical history, if I'd been pregnant before etc...
Didn't weigh me. Didn't do bloods. Didn't want a wee.
Just gave me my bounty pack and booked in my 12 week scan.

Seen the MW again before my 10 week scan, she came to my house.
filled out rest of green notes... Asked if I had any questions. Didn't want a wee, didn't weigh me. Didn't do bloods...

Thats it really!

Well i went for my 8 week midwife appointment yesterday and she weighed/measured me, took bloods and took a urine sample aswel as filled out a booklet for me. Im assuming it varies for different nhs trusts. I didnt really find her very helpful though so didnt feel at ease enough to talk to her about any concerns im having. She was meant to ring me with my next appointment last night as there system was down at the time of my appointment but she didnt. Hope im not seeing her all the time!x

Well i went for my 8 week midwife appointment yesterday and she weighed/measured me, took bloods and took a urine sample aswel as filled out a booklet for me. Im assuming it varies for different nhs trusts. I didnt really find her very helpful though so didnt feel at ease enough to talk to her about any concerns im having. She was meant to ring me with my next appointment last night as there system was down at the time of my appointment but she didnt. Hope im not seeing her all the time!x

I think with meeting new MW's its a bit daunting anyway as we naturally build up a image of what it will be like, hopefully you'll feel more at ease with her the more you see her. I didn't feel comfy with mine at first, now I text her asking her random niggles I have!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back