1st Midwife Appointment

Charm

Reaction score
Hi guys (I shouldn't be here :shhh: )

Just wanted to ask, how many of you took your OH's to your booking in appointment with the midwife and was it worth them going?

Thanks

Charm X

Charm said:

Just wanted to ask, how many of you took your OH's to your booking in appointment with the midwife and was it worth them going?

Thanks

Charm X

I didnt as he was working and it was hard enough for him to get out to come to the scan, and he wants to come to the 20 week scan as well so I went on my own. I heard the heartbeat so he missed that, but it was only for a second and he had heard it at the first scan and will at the 2md, apart from that no its not worth it IMO

My OH came with me as he likes to be involved! Not really much point really unless he wants to come, of course there's no reason why he can't go!

My midwife did my booking at home so he was around but kinda left us to it, he came to both my scans though.

Charm said:

Thanks

Charm X

i just took so that he would feel more apart of the pregnancy as men often feels left out

I took mine as he wanted to come..but there was no need at all he was just sat there bored and moaning :shakehead:

My OH has never been to any midwife appointments, one because he cant get time off and two because im in and out so quick there isnt really much point.

He has come to all 3 scans though and the 4D and he will be coming with me to antenatal classes starting on Monday and my breastfeeding workshop.

If he wants to go with you then let him, but if he doesnt he wont be missing much any how :)

OH came with me. He hasnt missed one yet. He wants to be involved as much as possible. He says seen as though im carrying it for 9 months, he wants to be there to support me as much as he can ...bless his little cotton socks.

violet-glow said:
OH came with me. He hasnt missed one yet. He wants to be involved as much as possible. He says seen as though im carrying it for 9 months, he wants to be there to support me as much as he can ...bless his little cotton socks.

Everyone say AAAWWWWWWWWWWWWW ! Aw how sweet!!

Mine insists on coming with me then sits there bored and moaning the whole time :doh:

Awww - violet glow that's really sweet!!

My OH didn't come to the booking in (think he would have been bored anyway) he came to our dating scan, and will come to the other scans throughout, he also came to my 16 week appointment at MW as we knew she was going to do the doppler thingy and he wanted to hear the hb (mainly to know he is using ours right :rotfl: )

Sorry - i also shouldn't be in here :shhh:

I had my first MW appointment at home, and OH was there. He comes to scans and blood tests with me (im a wuss!), but i go to my daily traces on my own. He also comes with me when we visit the consultant.

I asked him to come with me though, becuase my brain is like a sieve and i would forget what i was told by the time i got home!

Do you mean when they go through your records and details with you? Mine was at home and it was good to have OH there. He answered some questions and helped me, plus it was good to discuss things with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back