• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

1st birthday / sentimental / keepsake

Gem & Leland

Reaction score
as above what did u get for your lil ones first for a keepsake type thing ? getting stuff done now as i know sales will be manic in jan and i might not get what i want ! or it might take ages to find but stuck for ideas! want it to be something he can treasure later , or even someting i could buy for every birthday and give when his 18 type thing ?

What about a newspaper from the day he was born (you may already have this, if not you can buy them online - they are overpriced though) or a CD single of what was no. 1 when he was born (again, you may already have this).

We also have this Terramundi pot with DD's name on it, which I think is a lovely keepsake (here's the boy's one).

We also got given a posh bottle of Lanson pink champagne in a beautiful pink jacket - like this - which we'll keep and open on DD's 18th or 21st. That's maybe a bit girly, but you get the idea.

I'm keeping an invitation to her birthday party, her beautiful dress (which faded a bit in the wash :( ), her "1" badges, all her cards and gift tags and of course all the photos. We're planning to do a scrapbook of her 1st year at some point too, which will include lots of info and pics about her birthday.

Hope that helps! Let us know what you get!

Valentine Xxx

Its a bit girly but DD got a charm bracelet for her christening and every year i will get her a charm to add to it.

Valentine had some good ideas though.

We have one of those pots. Finlay got it from his grandparents when he was born :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qwertyuiop33
Back