16week sexing scan, are you having one or had one

elisesmum

Reaction score
So i know im only a tri 1 girl but want to ask you tri 2 girls a question, im so impatient and really wont be able to wait another 10 weeks to find out if its a boy or girl so have been discussing a sexing scan with the oh, have any of you girls had one or having one, was it worth the extra money or do you wish you had waited until 20 weeks xx

I am going to have one at 16 weeks. Just because I strongly preferr girls and I need time to wrap my head around haing a little boy. Ofc both are a blessing :love: I will discuss that with my gynecologist and see what she says. But if we can't see the sex at 16 weeks then she will rebook me a little later for on with no extra fee.

I thought I was having a girl, to the point where I was referring to Pickle as 'she' all the time. I had an emegerncy scan at 15+1 and found out it was a little boy. I'm over the moon, but I'm really pleased I found out as if I had waited until 20 weeks I might really have latched on to the idea it was a girl and been momentarily disappointed.

Its personal choice, if you want to know its a surprise when ever you do it, either at 16 weeks, 20 weeks or at birth. I'd recommend it.
xxx

Last edited:
I've been calling my 'bump' aka podge a boy so i definitly think i need a sexing scan just incase its a girl and i get attatched to the thought of having a boy when its a little girl, i definitly think im going to book it so i can go pink or blue shopping :) are the percentages of how accurate they are quite high at 16 weeks xx

I am staying team yellow. I think its a nice suprise at the end - somthing to look forward to after 9mths. :)

Hey I paid £80 for a private gender scan at a babybond clinic. Went on the 22nd February and found out ihaving baby girl number 3. I was 17 weeks exactly when I had my appointment. My 20 week scan is on 23rd of march and I just couldn't wait until then to find out. I'm glad I paid the little extra for it, was amazing seeing my little princess again :) xxxx

The little boy bits on my scan looked obvious to me and sonographers see LO's bits all the time with their trained eye so I would have thought at 16 weeks it must be 90% or higher, otherwise they wouldnt offer it as a service (well you'd think) it might be worth asking before you book it as if they say its only 75% accurate then that might make your mind up to wait for your 20 week nhs scan.

xx

i am haveing a sexing scan on wednesday couldnt wait til april 14 th

We're staying team yellow so I have a whole lot longer to wait than 10 weeks! But I don't mind, the surprise will be lovely :) x

I really wanted to have an early scan but cheapest I could find was £80 and I just thought that's a waste of money when I could buy baby stuff with that so have decided to be patient and wait for 20 week scan. Only 10 more days to go now!

x

I was going to book one but its £80, and I can't justify spending £80 to find something out that I'll find out in a few weeks anyway.
So we decided that we'd wait, and spend that £80 on little pink or blue outfits after my next scan :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I was desperate to find otu but couldnt justify the amount of money for something id find out in a few weeks, think its a definate choice to make x

weve got our 20 week scan on march the 12th but we dont want to know either were waiting for a surprise

be careful ladies, we really wanted to stay team yellow last time, and we both saw boys bits clearly on the scan, please stress to the lady to turn the screen if she thinks she will go anywhere near the bits, our lady really had no idea we had notticed them! She confirmed the gender in an envelope for us to open later, (as we knew we would need to confirm either way after we had seen, so save us getting used to the wrong sex in error).

Our sonographer asked us to look away so she could check gender without us accidentally finding out :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back