16 week gender scan, is it correct?

Mummylumps

Reaction score
I was originally very excited but since heard a few people have had it wrong at 16 weeks, despite being told boy, turning into girl!

He at first had his hand over his bits so we couldn't see, but I just want to make sure this is definitely his 'bits' and nothing else. It was at 16+1. The sonographer seemed very confident, but I am not sure now!

Attachments

• boy.jpg
    boy.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 93
  • 13886413_1124608994260374_5732022325137741948_n.jpg
    13886413_1124608994260374_5732022325137741948_n.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 90
Oh bless! That looks like dangly boy bits to me haha, you need Mrs B to come along, she's mentioned that she works alongside sonographers and I think her guess would be a very good start! xx

Thanks! I know it does look obvious but I thought it could be his hand, his cord...lol xx

Definitely looks boy to me hun this is my DS2 at 16 weeks xx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 164
  • August 14 14 056.jpg
    August 14 14 056.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 165
Looks like a boy! There are three little lines for a girl and yours doesn't have those plus has danglies!

Thank you!

I could have sworn I saw 3 lines at the end of the first pic like it was blurred. I am just looking for problems I think lol. I have bought so much blue and don't want it to be wrong lol.

Mummy lumps if they are wrong about me having a girl I'm in serious trouble. Pink & green is the nursery colour & don't know what I'll do what all her dresses. 🙀. Can you imagine... Although 4 scans have confirmed girl. So I'm fairly confident. Was your 16 week scan private? Xxx

Hi. I had a private gender scan at nearly 21 weeks as when I had my 20 week scan at the hospital they couldn't tell me the sex due to the position of the baby anyway private scan confirmed it's a girl and even gave me a picture of her girly bits which are the 3 white lines so I would definitely say yours is a boy xx

Thank you! Yes it was private with Babybond. She seemed very confident but its just typical I have heard bad stories since! x

It looks boy to me ... I don't see the 3 white stripes for a girl, get it double checked at your 20 week scan though. Sonographers won't give an opinion if they are not sure, or they would get someone in for a second opinion, and they always say they can only say they are 90% sure, but that bits mainly for legal reasons. X

Thank you! Yes it was private with Babybond. She seemed very confident but its just typical I have heard bad stories since! x

I have heard baby bond are quite fussy on who they hire, one of my colleagues used to do some work for them, and they have a few staff from the main maternity hospital in Manchester x

Thank you. She did seem very confident. I said definitely boy? She said yes, I am just trying to get you a good picture to appreciate it. He had his hand over it for the first part then she said oh I have seen it then I saw a winky pop up, just can't believe I am doubting myself! x

It's the world of the unknown for you, they do so many a day they can spot them a mile off, plus it takes them years to get where they are. Babies can be awkward when they are inside and put themselves into some really awkward positions.

I would say if she was confident then she will have seen it. It looks boy to me anyway, not that I'm a trained sonographer, I work alongside them and have watched God knows how many scans over the years :) X

Thank you! I need to relax a bit now. I was exactly same with my daughter, was desperate for a girl at the time and was terrified it secretly had boy bits lol, even had the 3 lines clear as day and I still worried. I am not doing this again. :lol: x

Relaxing is always a good idea :) it will be nice for you to have one of each :)
I'm a boy machine lol x

Just found some more pics on my USB stick. One potty shot has nothing there! Why am I driving myself mad lol x

Attachments

• 1 .jpg
    1 .jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 2 .jpg
    2 .jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 13
It's just the section they have taken the image of which makes it show nothing x

Is the one showing the whole baby, the white circle thing at the bottom, are they his bits? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back