16 WEEK BLOOD TESTS

Dee1985

Reaction score
hi i was ment to have my 16 weeks blood test but been so busy moving house and cant get time of work so i wont be able to get them done till im 17 weeks 5days......

is that to late?

hi im not sure hun i was told they need to do them between 15 and 17 weeks for it to be accurate best thing to do is check with your midwife
i didnt have mine as didnt see it as important i would not have an abortion so no point in spending my pregnancy with extra worries xxxxx

I would check with the midwife but surely they wouldnt let you have them if they werent then worth doing, also you are entitled to time off from work for antenatal appointments so you should be able to go when you are given an appointment,
I found this which you might find useful

http://www.direct.gov.uk/Parents/Employ ... chk=Kp7P7J

hi i will try and get time off, but im just being lazy and dont want to get the bus. i cant drive kris has car all day!

rach... i cant be bothered to have the tests but i do worry alot bout down sindrome im having a 20 weeks detailed scan for them to check spin and bits as i have had 3 previous misscarriages and my mum has gave birth to a spina biffida baby, god knows wot ild do it would be to hard to abort a baby at 20weeks but then life would be so hard for a serve spina bifida baby?

Hi Dionne,

I went to see my midwife at 17 + 3 and she still offered me the blood tests although we decided we would not have them it wasnt t late if I had wanted them.

Regards

Sarah

Hello Ladies

I have had my results back today, am classed as a low risk - 1 in 942 which I am relieved about.
:D

Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back