Hyperemesis Gravidum

MammyHip

Reaction score
Hello
I have been diagnosed today with Hyperemesis Gravidum (servere sickness) I decided to go to my GP as for the last 2 days aswell as not being able to eat without vomiting straight after I now can't keep fluids down. I am vomiting up to about 20 times a day! I have lost 5lbs in 2 weeks and I am starting to become dehydrated, but hopefully the medication i have been precribed today will start helping me out!
Although i feel terrible, i am positive that this pregnancy is progressing well. ( I have suffered 2 miscarriages within the last 6 months)
I am going to keep my fingers crossed these tablets will work as if they don't i have been told the next step will be addmission to hospital to be put on a drip to get some fluids into me.

I will keep you updated xxx

a friend of mine had hyperemesis gravidarum and though I have no experience I know what she went thru so I feel for you. Good luck with the pregnancy tho. She gave birth to a healthy little baby girl so i'm sure all will go well for you to.
Nice to see someone else from co durham too :)

I REALLY feel for you hun...I have a phobia of vomiting so this would be my worst nightmare!!

I have all day nausea... and I think thats bad. I hope the medication works and you are on the mend very soon :D Its a good sign your pregnancy hormones are high though!

hey hun i have had hyperemesis with all three of mine. been admitted to the hospital numerous for iv fluids and injections of anti-sickness meds.

i think with each pregnancy i lost close to 2st before we got it under control.

im an old hand at it. pm me if you want any help or even if you just want to chat - i know exactly what your going through :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back