• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

12 weeks - how many bottles/how much milk?

kelly'n'jack

Reaction score
jack is having 6 bottles at these times:
7am, 10-11am, 1-2pm, 4-5pm,8ishpm,2-3am
he has about 6oz at each
i want to drop the 3am one but he takes a whole 6oz at this feed and then sometimes only 2oz at 7am! would be soo much better if he took a few oz at 3am and then a whole bottle at 7am. any ideas on how i can help him drop it?
i have tryed a dream feed at 10-11pm, he takes 4-6oz but still wakes at 3am for another 6oz so it makes no difference and it means he has 7 bottles!

With Ellie I give her an extra milk feed at 6pm (previous feed is betwee 4-4:30 and the next feed is at 7:30), then I dreamfed at 11:30. I was breastfeeding so I don't know if that makes any difference. I would also recommend sticking with the dreamfeeding he should start waking later and later for the 3am feed. I also used to do a nappy change at 11:30 as I read in a book (Baby Secrets) that this will mean that there long stretch of sleep will be then from 11:30 to 7:30 (for my timings) rather than 7:30 - 3:30.

thanks for the advice, i will stick with the dreamfeed! not sure about the extra bottle tho as jack has decided that he wants bedtime to start after his 4-5pm bottle so im having to wake him up at 7or 8 giving him a bath and bottle then putting him to bed, not sure if he would like being woken up at 6ish for another bottle! i was hoping after a few nights of doing this he would wke himself for a bath but he hasnt! i try to keep him awake but he just screams cos he tired so i let him sleep

I don't let Ellie sleep after 6pm until her last feed before bedtime at 7:30. I wake her up then and give her her feed. She can be a bit grumpy when I wake her up but is happy as soon as she start feeding. I then play with her to keep her stimulated after the feed to get her through until we start her bedtime routine at 7:10.

i did try this last nite, we were quite busy during the day so bottles were about an hour late so he had a bottle at 6pm so i kept him up till 7 cos i still wanted him to go to bed at around the same time, i was playing with him even tho he was gruppy then took him upstairs at 7 by the time i got to the bathroom he was fast asleep! i gave him his bottle but he only took 2oz, theres no way i could have given him a bath too! he gets tired after abou 45 / a hour awake so naps a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back