12 week scan worries

SophD

Reaction score
Hi all, so i will be 11 weeks pregnant tomorrow. Im away in majorca from 8thsept-15th sept, and my local hospital have said they will not scan me until 19th september as they are very short on appts/ too high demand and not enough staff/ appointments basically. I will be 2 days off 14 weeks. Thing is, im really worried, as the downs syndrome test etc is not as reliable this far along, and i will miss out on other screening tests. (I have actually been told this by a member of staff if i go over 14 weeks).... I had a scan at 8 weeks, where i was told that the early scan underestimates babies gestation, so i could well go over the 14 weeks by the time of the scan. Ive phoned the scanning dept, midwife, even made a complaint via email, and no success of changing my scan date yet!! Feeling really anxious :(

Sorry to hear that xx could you afford to go private for a scan and downs test? Xx

Oh no, I had a similar issue with mine and luckily managed to change my date. They thought I was mad ringing twice a day and even so it was booked for the day before we left so they were obviously rammed with appointments.. I'm surprised they aren't doing more to re-jig if it means you missing your screening tests.. Holidays are booked mobths and months in advance it's not like you could have foreseen it.. Really hope you get it sorted x

I had the same issue in the past!!

Well actually, with my past two pregnancies, my scan requests from different midwives hadnt been received by the hospital and we still hadnt got a date for a scan by 12 weeks!
First pregnancy, the midwife was useless to say the least- i tried to call-no answer, i texted and text again, no reply. She eventually got back to us days later and told us there was nothing available for me and id have to go to another hospital for the scan! In the end, my partner had to ring the community midwives to get help. Within 5 mins of ending the call, a midwife rang back up and got us an appointment for 2 days later at 12+5!!

The second time we had a similar issue, didnt have a date by 13 weeks! But luckily this midwife was on the ball and got us a scan last minute for a couple of days time luckily. (i didnt want a downstest either time, but we made it clear that we were considering it- just to get our scans asap- as apparently, after a certain amount of weeks, dating is less accurate. We needed dates to be accurate, as needed to be induced no later than 40 weeks.

Its such a stressful time without that going on too, hope you get this sorted asap. just keep hassling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back