12 Week Scan :D

ChloeNat

Reaction score
Yesterday was my 12 week scan and it was amazing to see our baby for the first time :D

scaled.php

First thing we see when my midwife (who is lovely!) started the scan was our little bean staring straight at us! Which is the piccie we got in the end. Can see the little face and everything.

She then measured baby at 11 + 2 but she just kept my due date at 21st instead of 25th so we will see at 20 week scan if baby is still measuring 4 days behind.

Baby then started kicking off the bottom of the womb like a maniac! Little gymnast in the making lol.

All went well with booking appointment except when midwife tried to take my blood she missed my vein... 6 times!! 3 time in each arm! So I have to go back tomorrow to try again but seeing our little baby jumping about with the little heartbeat and fingers and toes I can't help feel positive about the whole ordeal! :D

Such an amazing day.

We also told OHs parents yesterday and had a lovely phonecall with my Dad today, everyone is over the moon and so so happy!

Can't get any better than this, except for my first cuddle with Baby bean :)

xx

Aww lovely congratulations!! x

Glad all was well hun!!

Odd that the MW didn't change your dates considering this was your dating scan though?? :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

that's just wonderful , I'm so glad all went well and bubs was obviously pleased to pose for you. Scary mw though missing 6 times and then giving up how brave are you? I'm not sure i'd even given her a second go at it , lol. I bet your dad is proudly telling all that will listen today. Well done .xx

Last edited:
Yay hon!:dance: Great news! It's a wonderful feeling isn't it?! And I have that problem with blood tests too...! See you in tri 2 very soon!! xxx

Awwww how cute that s/he was looking at you!!
Bug congrats chic xx

Hey all not really had a chance to get on, was back at work this week with thankfully no sickness to speak of.

Thanks everyone! It was lovely to see baby that the blood tests didnt really bother me, went back on Thursday and it took another midwife two more attempts to get my blood. Ended up having to use a huge syringe :sick: and I had to lay down. But we got there in the end. Now I have a HUGE bruise where the blood was taken but oh well lol at least it doesn't hurt much.

I was thinking that aswell Carnat.. She was an older midwife so maybe she was just set in her ways of taking due date from the first day of LMP? At least its only 4 days and wont make that much of a difference. I actually remember saying the baby should be due 25th by using my ovulation date so I'm amazed I was right in that fact that I knew exactly how far along the baby should be.

All in all very happy now that I've seen a little jumping baby inside me, my OH is being very overprotective now too. Carrying bags for me and everything just because he knows its there lol.

x

Beautiful pic of lil one hon. Congratulations and see you in tri 2 very soon!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back