10 weeks and already have SPD :(

floella182

Reaction score
I had SPD quite bad in the 3rd Trimester of my first pregnancy to the point where I had to leave my job earlier than I had planned.
I got a girdle and was offered Physio but the nearest place I could go is a 45 min bus journey away so just thought I'd hang on.

I'm only 10 weeks now with my second pregnancy and it's come back already :(
My partner left me at 8 weeks so I'm terrified about how I'm going to cope with a 2 year old if this is going to get worse.
Plus I'm not entitled to sick pay at work as I am only part time so don't know how I will pay my bills if I have to have time off.

I have an appointment at the hospital in the next couple of weeks when I go for my first scan but don't know if I should wait or see my GP about this sooner.

Hi Hun get a docs appointment!! Hope it's not SPd and it's something minor. I'm sure you can dr or midwife to send a refferal for home care help. It won't cover everything but will sort some of the housework out.
Hope things improve for you Hun x

Big hugs Hun I have had it since weeks. This my first tho! Is there any friends or family thy can help u?

if you cant work due to illness and work dont pay you you can claim on the sick off the dss as long as the doctor agrees.

I had spd in my first pregnancy and they reckon it hits you harder and quicker in later pregnancies. can already feel it starting at mo, like turning over in bed and stuff.
last time, the physio people gave me a belt and that did bugger all for me, so im dreading it this time x x

Thanks for that gonna talk to the doc today and mention it I'm putting the pain down to my arthritis but I am having pain in all the areas it says and I am really sore. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back