10 day check - good and bad news!

Petit Pois

Reaction score
So just had 10 day check (1 day early), and it was a bit of a mixture of good and bad!

Daisy is all good - she's put on 5oz in 4 days :D so at least I know she's feeding well!

As for me... MW checked my stitches, and apparently it's gaping a little bit?!?? :shock: so now I have to go to hospital this afternoon to get checked out. Has this happened to anyone else? She said it doesn't look infected and looks nice and clean but she took a swab anyway so we'll see.

I'm scared I'm gonna end up with a horribly deformed foof :(

Tapatalking!

Yes I had this. Mine were infected. Antibiotics will sort it if it is. Don't worry it will get better.ive healed well now regarding my tear and stitches. I have had another complication not relating to the tear so I've been dealing with this. X

Thanks for the reply!

Turns out it is infected - got antibiotics, don't need any more stitches or anything so that's good, going back next week for them to check it.

Such a ball ache! Just want to be pain free - between this and my boobs I'm in agony :(

Tapatalking!

Mine started to unravel too but wasnt infected. My mw made me take baths with just a few drops of tea tree oil to help sooth snd heal. Others told me lavender oil in milk in the bath too. I've only just started to feel better and my lo is 5w now x

My stitches completely burst! Every one and my wound took 13 weeks to knit together! So so painful. It's fine now but dreading that bit again next time :(

It happened to me too.

Mine went back to normal though and I don't have any problems with it now.

Use tea tree in your bath and that will help it heal.

Thanks ladies!

Got checked on Thursday and doctor said infection had cleared up and looks like it's healing nicely! So that's a relief! She said she reckons 2-3 weeks and it'll be pretty much back to normal.

Just feel like cos I'm sitting up a lot feeding, I'm putting a lot of pressure on the wound and I'm worried it's gonna go wrong again!

Tapatalking!

Glad it's healing now! X

tapatalking x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111