?¿*Positive Induced Labours*¿?

I was induced with my second.
Very positive for me.
I got called in just after midnight had the propess this didn't agree with me and I fainted! It was removed then waited to be reassessed in the morning.
Consultant decided to break waters which was about 1030am first contraction (which was actually nippy) was at 2.08pm and baby was delivered at 1604. I had no time to get in the pool so delivered on g&a using the tens machine with a small graze.
We were home by 10pm :)
Amazing birth for us x

After giving birth early hours of Thursday morn at 3:14am, I really wanted to come back and write in this thread (which I stalked prior to going in!) for those hoping for a positive experience!

I had a pretty crappy first birth - back to back, loads of intervention, emergency epidural and a big bleed (x3 transfusions). With this birth I was desperate for a natural completely different experience so was gutted reaching the second week of being overdue knowing that inducement was looming. After reading all the scare stories on induction I have to say I was feeling rather anxious for what would surely be another heavy medically led labour.

I arrived at hospital on Weds and had 1st gel at around noon. About 5 hours in the first niggles of contractions started. Second gel was put in at 6pm and around 2 hours in I began getting regular contractions increasing slowly in intensity. Apart from monitoring for half hour after the gels were put in, I was left to my own devices and was able to have a nice scribe labour, walking round using shower etc.

Around midnight I had gotten to the point where I was struggling slightly with the pain and upon assessment was thrilled to be told I was 5cm. My waters were bulging so we're broken and I requested G&A and pool to be filled.

After waters went, contractions went full throttle and after 3 hours later at 3:14am little Lennon arrived very naturally in the water at an impressive 8lb13 with only a graze!

Keep the faith ladies, it can be done and you will be fab :D xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back