Yuk!

lisa282

Reaction score
My little boy is sick. He has been throwing up and had diarrhoea since Sunday now and all the docs say is give him water and wait it out! Yeah, thanks for the advice, I could have worked that out myself. Gggrrrr! They make me so mad, you go in as a concerned parent, trying to rule out anything more sinister than a tummy bug, and they treat you as if you are totally wasting their time and being over-protective. I kinda guessed it was a bug, but as it's been a few days, I wanted to make sure it was nothing more but they basically laughed at me - or that's what it felt like. I'm feeling a bit down myself at the moment or else with my hormones I think I would have lashed out at the doctor. I haven't been to work all week and been up every night looking after my son so I've barely slept at all, I don't feel like eating cos I'm usually cleaning up sick or poo and now my son is getting all clingy and upset and won't even go to daddy to give me 5 minutes rest. I know he is sick and just wants comfort and I feel bad for feeling like this. but I just need an hour to myself and I think I could perk up. He does seem a bit better this morning to be honest so I'm hoping he might get some sleep this afternoon then I can do the same. It's hard when your kids are ill at the best of times, but hormonal and pregnant, everything is magnified like 100%!!

Ok, sorry for the moan but just needed to vent! Hope everyone else is feeling ok x

I know just how you're feeling! I had gastric flu in November - vomitting and diarrhea which came on very suddenly and last for about 3 days - I went to the docs but he said exactly the same thing! It was down to this illness that we have our baby as it flushed out my pill!

Then the day after boxing day me and OH had it again and didnt bother going to the docs! We didn't even want anything to eat, only bland foods and water.

Imodeum Plus seemed to work for us to settle the stomach but not sure if its good for kids

Hope he feels better soon :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back