YUK!

SarahH

Reaction score
I am slowly going insane with Arianna as everything I am giving her to eat is "YUK" unless it is soup or something off my plate (which is always the same as hers)!!!

Is this just a phase she is going through? Sort of her way of showing control???

Oh, I dunno but it is really annoying!

I think its a regular toddler phase hun. Hun just found this on the net -

Let me reassure you that you're not alone in having a toddler who won't eat a lot of the food you offer him.
Many young children are 'faddy eaters' - they know what they like, and it seems that nothing will persuade them to try anything new, so they end up eating a very limited range of foods.
Although in an ideal world we'd like our kids to eat a well-balanced diet containing a wide variety of different foods from a young age, sometimes young children refuse to do so and despite living off a diet of peanut butter sandwiches or pizza and chips they usually develop perfectly normally and have buckets of energy!
A lot of children will become more adventurous in what they eat as they get older, provided they continue to be offered a wide range of foods and see evidence that the adults around them eat, and enjoy, these foods.
Obviously, parents can't expect their children to eat a varied, healthy diet if they themselves eat lots of junk food or live on snacks instead of sitting down to regular cooked meals.
Things that might help to encourage your son to eat a healthier diet include:

Sitting down to eat with him. Children love attention and if he associates eating with having you to talk to and listen to him, he will probably view mealtimes in a much more positive light.

Give rewards if he eats some of the food you want him to eat. I wouldn't insist that he eats everything on his plate but you could start a 'gold star' chart and award him a star every time he eats fruit, vegetables or a sandwich, for example.

Invite other children round who you know eat heartily! Experiments have shown that children often copy their peers at mealtimes, so if they see another child eating a full plate of food, they are more likely to try those foods themselves.

Be firm about what your son can eat. If you offer a meal at lunch or teatime and he won't eat it, then calmly take it away from him but be clear that he won't have any more food until the next mealtime. If you let him fill up on chocolate, snacks or lots of drinks between meals he won't feel hungry and so will be less inclined to eat the food you want him to have. He may say he'd rather starve but I promise you he won't!

Hope this helps babe xxx

I still say it at most things my mum cooks....

I love her but Delia, she aint! :talkhand:

:moon:

Seren's word is "disgusting" - very complimentary

Thanks ladies, it's not that she is fussy or doesnt eat it.... but only if it comes off Mummy's plate rather that her own!

SarahH said:
Thanks ladies, it's not that she is fussy or doesnt eat it.... but only if it comes off Mummy's plate rather that her own!

am so pleased soeone else's toddler does this - Seren is a right pain for this, drives me mad.

I dont have any advice, but wanted to give you these... :hug: :hug: :hug: when kids go through phases like this you would happily kill them !

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back