Yuck - spots!

sally12

Reaction score
Hi girlies

I need your help...

I have really bad spots at the moment! :oops: There is an old wives tale that says if you are spotty during your pregnancy it means your are having a girl because she is stealing all of the mothers beauty for herself..at this rate my little lady is going to be quite a looker! :wink:

Anyway, Ive been avoiding using spot creams in case it is bad for baby but my skin has become too bad to ignore now :( Does anyone know if using spot creams is safe during pregnancy? ive googled it but not found much...

im hoping you lovely ladies are going to tell me to stop being so paranoid and go and smother my face in it! :rotfl:

Thanks

i find the best thing for drying spots out and getting rid of them is toothpaste!!
just dab abit on before you go to bed and wash off in the morning! it goes abit crusty but has always helped get rid of mine!! :D :D :D
its worth a try and safe!! :)

hun ive been wondering where you were :D hope your ok :hug:
as for the spots best thing i find is to put sudocreme on them before bed and you should find they are much better 2moro i swear by it i keep a tub next to the bed and dab it on any spots before i go sleep :D xxxxxxxxx

My skin has been really awful too. I wasn't even really spotty as a teenager but have been awful since first tri. It is just starting to get better thankfully but I did find Sudocrem was pretty good (at night as it is so thick - the little pot in the Bounty bag was very well received! :wink: ) and a little bit of Astral cream (so I smelt like my nan! :oops: ) in the mornings as my skin went so dry.

Thanks for your replies

Ive been using toothpaste at night but for once it doesnt seem to be even touching the little blighters :( Ive just got the sudocrem out of my bounty pack so will give that a go as never tried it before and I will get some Astral cream too.

I swear if they get any worse, I shouldnt be allowed out in public!! :rotfl:

I remember reading ages ago that supermodels put pile cream on their spots cos it reduces the swelling! I'm pretty sure a doctor would advise against this though-pregnant or not! :wink:

mum's the word said:
I remember reading ages ago that supermodels put pile cream on their spots cos it reduces the swelling! I'm pretty sure a doctor would advise against this though-pregnant or not! :wink:
i guess if you have a face like an arse it would work :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I am gonna try sudocrem tonight! I am like a bloody pizza at the moment it is hurrendous!!!

Just been reading this week's 'that's life!' magazine....there's a letter from a pregnant and spotty reader but the products she's recommended cost a bomb! Do you still want to know what they are? Could treat yourself to 1 maybe?

mum's the word said:
Just been reading this week's 'that's life!' magazine....there's a letter from a pregnant and spotty reader but the products she's recommended cost a bomb! Do you still want to know what they are? Could treat yourself to 1 maybe?

Yes please! Something has to be done for society's sake!

I've found the Boots Expert skin care stuff good.... bought the 2 in 1 wash stuff (face mask and wash) as I couldnt stand the smell of clearasil anymore and it seems to be doing the trick!
My skin is usually a wee bit spotty, and was using clearasil before which helped tons......

I always find that tea tree helps. Most shops like boots/superdrug will sell a tea tree spot stick and they're really good. Also If you get Avon near you their range of spot treatment products has never failed me, you can buy it on their website too.

Im an acne sufferer, and the creams I was using are not allowed during pregnancy so had to stop. My dermatolgist recommended panoxyl aquagel cream.
You can get it from the pharmacist over the counter, and is BRILLIANT!!!Its absolutley safe to use in pregnancy!
I actually am zit free!!! :cheer:

ninjawomble said:
My dermatolgist recommended panoxyl aquagel cream.
:cheer:

Well that sounds like your answer-yay!

Those expensive magazine products were: ROC Renewex MicroDermabrasion Expert System £39.99
and Murad Clear Skin Starter Kit £25.50.

The 1st product claims to 'gently lift away the top layers of skin' ....sounds scary!

I normally have good skin but when pregnant I get spots everywhere. Not just on my face, they're all over my arms & belly too :(

I use a witch stick for the big ones which works quite well.

ninjawomble said:
Im an acne sufferer, and the creams I was using are not allowed during pregnancy so had to stop. My dermatolgist recommended panoxyl aquagel cream.
You can get it from the pharmacist over the counter, and is BRILLIANT!!!Its absolutley safe to use in pregnancy!
I actually am zit free!!! :cheer:

Great, I will give this a go! My skin has got even worse over the weekend :(
Thanks for all your help :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111