Your opinions re: induction

thats what I thought lol. I wonder if you were going to refuse an induction if you dont agree with it?

Emma_85 I think that's exactly how you do sound - apologies but just because someone is younger than you and/or a first time mum DOES NOT mean they don't know what they are doing to their own body that is a very rude thing to say!

Lots of people on here try the old wives tales yes because it's not in any way harmful whatsoever!

I think by now everyone knows that you don't agree with them induction natural or medical - but please keep your opinions on whether people are young or first time mums to yourself
But I am a first time Mum, and I have read the induction threads and wondered whether I am doing something bad by not doing any of them. Instead I have decided to research the methods and found risks that I have decided are not worth trying out!

I am not being rude, in fact lady, you are the only one who has been nasty in your replies to my opinions.

I wanted to refuse induction (I would have refused the drip) but as my babys heartrate had already dipped and shown signs of distress I didnt want to drag it out. So Im always interested in hearing about other people refusing.

You said that you dont agree with natural or drip as a form of induction, will you be refusing an induction?

How funny that you would ask this :rofl: Damn right I will be refusing! I'm not going to have such strong opinions, then go against everything I have said and be induced LMAO!

I mean what I say, I don't agree and will NOT at any point put my baby or my own body at risk. NO WAY! Even if i'm pregnant til 45 weeks, my babs will come when he is good and ready. Until then I'll enjoy this :nap: ! lol

I dont think mrs.s is being nasty, but i too have felt like youve come across as quite patronising and sometimes quite sarcastic and narky etc in your thread/replies wich has got my back up a bit.

I wanted to refuse induction (I would have refused the drip) but as my babys heartrate had already dipped and shown signs of distress I didnt want to drag it out. So Im always interested in hearing about other people refusing.

First time I was 2 weeks od and didn't know any better. Looking back I should have asked to go in for monitoring every day etc as my body clearly wasn't ready!!!( should have tried some epo!)

2nd time my waters went and I didn't go into labour for 3 days so I dragged it out but in the end I had the drips again.

You said that you dont agree with natural or drip as a form of induction, will you be refusing an induction?

How funny that you would ask this :rofl: Damn right I will be refusing! I'm not going to have such strong opinions, then go against everything I have said and be induced LMAO!

I mean what I say, I don't agree and will NOT at any point put my baby or my own body at risk. NO WAY! Even if i'm pregnant til 45 weeks, my babs will come when he is good and ready. Until then I'll enjoy this :nap: ! lol

iv read alot of stuff that says its actually dangerous leaving them in there too long.
why dont u research about that as if u refused until u were 35 weeks i think ud do alot of damamge!!

Even after my babys heart rate dropped (it was scary listening to it so so slow) they still made me wait. If that happened again Id refuse to leave until they induced me lol. But only with the pessary. The drips seem so harsh on your body.

You can be left as long as you like but afte 2 weeks they ask that you be seen everyday for a doppler scan to listen to the heartbeat and then every week you have to have a scan to make sure the placenta is working correctly lilly, so they take all the precautions but obviously if baby is in danger they will try with all their might to induce you. So you could in theory go to 45 weeks. My word thatd be my worst nightmare.

Although I wouldnt want to be induced, I found the pessary was fine. All it does is soften the cervix (much like primrose) and so if it softens it and baby is ready then baby will come. Its the drips and stronger methods of induction I disagree with.

I dont think mrs.s is being nasty, but i too have felt like youve come across as quite patronising and sometimes quite sarcastic and narky etc in your thread/replies wich has got my back up a bit.

Thanks lily I was not being rude at all!!

Amyjayne - I know epo worked for you from what you said so I'm all for taking it! However which way it is taken it is not harmful inserting it has the same affect as sperm!!!

Just because I'm not agreeing with what you or mrs.s think, it doesn't mean I'm patronising you or anyone else. I'm just bringing to light potential risks that I have read, as I feel that induction methods are being discussed on the forum as being 100% positive, and for people who do not know, this isn't fair when there are SOME (no matter how minute) risks involved.

I don't see the harm in bringing it up, perhaps I have gone about it wrong, as you and mrs.s seem to have taken it as a personal attack.

I am sorry if my different opinion to your own has "got your back up a bit" but I feel that is your own problem, not mine. It is not a personal attack to anyone, it's an opinion.

Induction is something that is widely discussed on many forums and search engines, which I thought would be interesting to bring up on here, not to distress people in any way. I find it quite obscure that anyone would be offended by me bringing up something like this as a discussion!

I think it should remain a healthy discussion, I dont think Emma is trying to cause any friction, just generally interested. I will tell you wha I've tried-clary sage oil in the bath and raspberry leaf tea, clary sage is apparently an induction method, but it's done sweet fa for me, and I've run out now lol so that was pointless. I thought raspberry leaf tea was more to help strengthen the uterus, beneficial for after the birth, helping the uterus contract back to normal size. To be honest ice had about 4 mugs of it cos it's not my thing at all. I tried Perineal massage which is NOT an induction method it's just meant to soften the perineum to prevent tearing.

I've had sex a few times lol, not necessarily an induction just something me and my partner enjoy. So is that part of the topic? I'm interested to know what your views on sex are.

I hate the thought of being induced at the hospital like the drip or whatever because they ACTUALLY make you go into labour and I don't like that your body is forced to do something it potentially isn't ready to be doing! People say that it's a lot more painful (don't like the unecessarity of putting your body through that when it's hard enough as it is) and some people end up getting a cesarian because induction hasn worked and causes distress to mother an baby. I wonder if people that go over their due date by loads of time actually have the wrong dates.

My midwife has booked me in for a sweep next Wednesday, and I'm really hoping I dont have it because I'd like to think my body is capable of starting things by itself when it's ready.

I do believe lots of walking is very beneficial, not just an induction method. I'm a personal trainer and would tell pregnant people all day long to walk, because it's natural! We have 2 legs for a reason.

iv read alot of stuff that says its actually dangerous leaving them in there too long.
why dont u research about that as if u refused until u were 35 weeks i think ud do alot of damamge!!

We are very lucky in this country to have the NHS, how do you think other countries get on when babies are beyond 40 weeks? Ridiculous statement! Sorry but please!!!

I think it should remain a healthy discussion, I dont think Emma is trying to cause any friction, just generally interested. I will tell you wha I've tried-clary sage oil in the bath and raspberry leaf tea, clary sage is apparently an induction method, but it's done sweet fa for me, and I've run out now lol so that was pointless. I thought raspberry leaf tea was more to help strengthen the uterus, beneficial for after the birth, helping the uterus contract back to normal size. To be honest ice had about 4 mugs of it cos it's not my thing at all. I tried Perineal massage which is NOT an induction method it's just meant to soften the perineum to prevent tearing.

I've had sex a few times lol, not necessarily an induction just something me and my partner enjoy. So is that part of the topic? I'm interested to know what your views on sex are.

I hate the thought of being induced at the hospital like the drip or whatever because they ACTUALLY make you go into labour and I don't like that your body is forced to do something it potentially isn't ready to be doing! People say that it's a lot more painful (don't like the unecessarity of putting your body through that when it's hard enough as it is) and some people end up getting a cesarian because induction hasn worked and causes distress to mother an baby. I wonder if people that go over their due date by loads of time actually have the wrong dates.

My midwife has booked me in for a sweep next Wednesday, and I'm really hoping I dont have it because I'd like to think my body is capable of starting things by itself when it's ready.

I do believe lots of walking is very beneficial, not just an induction method. I'm a personal trainer and would tell pregnant people all day long to walk, because it's natural! We have 2 legs for a reason.

Thank you Lexi :hugs:You seem to have put it in a much better context than I have!

I think I need to re-think how I type things, before hitting the submit button.

I'm actually becoming quite tearful at the ill-feeling this has all caused when I just wanted opinions :sigh:

Like you, I guess the only 'induction' I have had is having sex with my hubby lol. I haven't done it to try and induce labour, but because we enjoy it - like you. Cheers me up on bad days :lol: lol

People who do not have access to the nhs and the treatment we have are probably much more prone to damagin effect on their babys when left too long. My baby started to lose weight in the womb as she was in too long. So I dont think that statement was stupid at all.

Flexi dont be scared about hospital induction. I just had a pessary (just softens the cervix) and that was all I had, they then broke my waters but you can refused this, as I will next time. Breaking my waters made things quicken but if I had been left to naturally then it would have been lovely and slow.

but if I had been left to naturally then it would have been lovely and slow.

No tears then - bonus! I've heard they are quite painful! Easily avoidable though if babs comes out in his/her own slow way! :)

Id deffinatly refuse to have my waters broke next time. The midwife I had wasnt very nice at all. Next time its all natural and doula in tow to help me raise the points I want. To stop doctors using induction methods you dont want you need to have confidence and if youve never been in such a vunerable position before you dont tend to be as confident as you need to me. I deffinatly think doulas help this.

Amyjayne - I know epo worked for you from what you said so I'm all for taking it! However which way it is taken it is not harmful inserting it has the same affect as sperm!!!

I swallowed lol. They actually say swallowing sperm s the very best way ti get going ( the jw said this lol

I swallowed lol. They actually say swallowing sperm s the very best way ti get going ( the jw said this lol

I'm swallowing epo in all fairness because I can't reach down there to trim let alone anything else!! :rofl: as for the other type of swallowing he has no chance!! Hahaha

everyone in entitled to an opinion I don't take it personally bit I did feel like it was a slight attack on lily because of the choices she has chosen!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back