yayyy

Xena

Reaction score
Just my little happy moment for the day...

I'm going on holiday on 30th April for 4 nights!

Out of idle curiosity I decided to have a look on Butlins website. I thought I'd so a search for late deals (as you do), and saw that they had one for £124 for me, Phil, and Lydia sharing a room (one double bed plus one cot) with breakfasts and dinners included.
It was a saving of £119 or something like that because it's a late deal.

Anyway even for that cheap amount I was thinking "we really can't afford it", so I was kind of having a "poor me" moment to my dad on msn and he has offered to send me a cheque for £100 to put towards it!!
I told him I wasn't hinting for money, and he says he knows but he wants to give it anyway because he is always taking his step-grandchildren to Butlins all the time, so he feels it's time that he does the same for Lydia (well at least give money for it anyway).

So we've gone ahead and booked it!!

It means I'm going to have to take the week off uni (it's the last week of term before we break up for revision time before the summer exams) but quite honestly I don't care.
I've ben desperate for a holiday for AGEEEESSSS - we haven't been anywhere together as a family yet, and the last time I went somewhere with Phil was for our honeymoon 2 years ago (and it was a shit honeymoon), so I'm so excited.

There are so many activities for Lydia too on that week - meeting bob the builder and loads of other stuff. I'm sure she's going to love it! And Phil and I get a chance to get away for a change. I absolutely can't wait. I don't care that it's only Butlins - I'm just so glad we're going to get away for a break!

So there we go - thought I'd share my excitement

(I've never been to Butlins before by the way but I do hear it's great for kids :) )

aw thats really good news :D
that was nice of your dad,
butlins is great for children, and they dont let same sex or young couples in so there wont be drunk people and loud music to ruin ur holiday
hope u have a great time :D

I know it was nice of him - I felt really guilty when he offered the money - I kinda assumed he'd thought I was hinting for money or something - but he seemed to really be genuine in offering so I thought I wouldn't look a gift-horse in the mouth. I accepted very gladly and thanked him a lot :)

EEE I can't wait I'll be thinking about it all night now I know I will. Feels so stupid to be so excited about a short break at Butlins, but I can't tell you how much I've been wanting a holiday so it feels like I've won the lottery lol!

:lol:

Well I hope you have a lovely time. We are going to Bude for 3 nights at the beginning of May. We booked a Sun holiday as it is a cheap break and then in September we are going to France and staying in a caravan for 10 days. Yay I can't wait. It makes you feel so much happier when you have got a holiday to look forward to doesn't it.

Aww have a great time! I'm sure you will! It's always good to get away! :cheer:

thanks all

Gemz yes you're right - a holiday to look forward to really cheers you right up :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back