Wrong dates or blighted ovum :-(

GinaMazz

Reaction score
Hello all,

New to this page xx

I found out a couple of weeks ago that I am pregnant with my third child. I was convinced that I was 6-7 going by my rough dates. (Not exact dates), i was sent for a scan as had cramping and fresh blood (I do have erosion of the cervix) anyway, when she scanned me she dated me at 4-5, I was very confused.

Just a gestational sac no Fetal pole
Or yolk sac to be seen.

Could I really be 2 weeks out with dates?! I felt like my pregnancy symptoms were disappearing but today I’ve felt sick a lot and needed to pee!!!

Has anyone else been worried about a blighted ovum but to learn that your dates were just very wrong?!

Thank you so
Much xxxx

I haven’t experienced this. I did have a mmc the baby had Stopped developing at around 5-6 which was discovered at around 8-9 weeks.

have they offered you another scan ? They should really do another scan in around 10 days to check for further development. It’s very possible your dates are wrong if they are rough and you weren’t tracking ovulation and confirming with temps. You may have ovulated much later than normal. I’ve heard of dates being out and catching up. It’s hard to date a pregnancy so early on accurately. X

Thank you for your reply and I’m so sorry for your miscarriage xxxxx

Yes they offered me another scan two weeks after the first. I’m so confused by it all! Xx

Hello all,

New to this page xx

I found out a couple of weeks ago that I am pregnant with my third child. I was convinced that I was 6-7 going by my rough dates. (Not exact dates), i was sent for a scan as had cramping and fresh blood (I do have erosion of the cervix) anyway, when she scanned me she dated me at 4-5, I was very confused.

Just a gestational sac no Fetal pole
Or yolk sac to be seen.

Could I really be 2 weeks out with dates?! I felt like my pregnancy symptoms were disappearing but today I’ve felt sick a lot and needed to pee!!!

Has anyone else been worried about a blighted ovum but to learn that your dates were just very wrong?!

Thank you so
Much xxxx

When You say you found out a few weeks ago I assume you found out through a positive pregnancy test? The very earliest you could be at that point is 3 weeks pregnant, but you would usually have to be around 4 weeks pregnant to get a positive test, so let’s assume you were 4 weeks when you got your positive test that should give you an indication of how far you should be now xx

Thank you nightowl.

When I found out I thought I was about 4 weeks, when I went for my scan I should have been 7 by my dates?!

Also I was counting 2 weeks pregnancy form date of conception, do the sonographers do that?! Hope I’m making sense xx

Gina they count from the first day of your last period, not conception

Thank you nightowl.

When I found out I thought I was about 4 weeks, when I went for my scan I should have been 7 by my dates?!

Also I was counting 2 weeks pregnancy form date of conception, do the sonographers do that?! Hope I’m making sense xx

No, it's from the first day of your last period. When you conceive you're already considered 2 weeks pregnant. So when you miss your period you're actually 4 weeks pregnant, even though you only conceived the baby 2 weeks ago. Very odd haha.

If you're counting from conception then you're 2 weels further along than you think. So going by dates you should actually be 9 weeks and are measuring 4-5? Sorry to say that it isn't going to end well if that's the case. What was the date when you got your positive test?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back