wow...

I saw a video like this at my waterbirth workshop. This woman was totally silent, she didn't even say a word! It was from sweden I think, and she was in this perspex birthing pool (kind of freaked me out that it was totally clear) and her other kids were there, one of them only looked about three and he was waving an incense stick!

It's the whole serene aspect of it that makes me want a waterbirth. All I've seen are these types of videos where the woman looks really calm. I was thinking of only getting into the pool for pain relief and then getting out to push, but I'm slowly coming around to the idea of actually giving birth in the water. The babies always seem really calm as well when they come out, and I think it's quite a nice start for them!

xx

yeah i agree, it has deffo made me consider a water birth, everything just seems so calm and relaxed. looks perfect x

It definitely seems really calm! And at my waterbirth workshop they told me that for first time mums it can shorten your labour by an hour and a half! That helped convince me! And it makes you less likely to tear or have to be cut. That's my biggest fear about labour so I'll do anything to try to avoid that! xx

I've seen this before, it's from this site I think http://www.unassistedchildbirth.com/ there's a thread about free birth somewhere on here too, gets lots of debates going! I've read a bit on it although bit too extreme for me even being a bit alternative myself, but def like the idea of a water birth she def sells it! Although her birth looks great, it's also a little extreme process for most people, she don't have any medical care or checks at all through out pregnancy, labour or birth, just births the baby herself! Bit scary!

alot of people who give birth 'unassisted' or 'freebirthing' have researched alot and know just as much and even sometimes more than a midwife. its not something they do on a whim. ultimately our bodies have been created to give birth and knows what to do, we have just lost the knowledge and trust in ourselves to do it.

I believe hospitals are for the sick or those who need medical assistance, pregnancy and birth i dont believe to be a medical issue most of the time. lets not forget many women around the world still give birth naturally whether by themselves or with an 'elder' or another woman present and they are fine. they dont all die cos they dont have a scan and several VE's.

I think the doctors and some midwives are far too pushy and tell you what you can and cant do and mainly because of policies that are in place to stop themselves from being sewed! there is not much consideration for the womens feelings and birthing experience these days. as long the woman is alive and the baby too it doesnt matter if she has been cut, prodded and poked.

sorry for the rant i have had my fair share of experience and im on my 3rd pregnancy, I would love to give birth at home with just my immediate family around but im too scared!

I read an intesresting fact yesterday that 90% of the worlds population was born at home, amazing how in the west things are so different an often home birth is seen as the riskier option! Suppose it's good we all have such a good choice of options here so there is a route to suit each women

I think next time, provided OH and I have bought a house by then (which we should have), I'd like to have a home birth. I don't really like the idea of being at hospital, the one by me is so busy, which is why I'm going to have LO at the birthing centre if my iron levels have gone up enough by then.

I just love the idea of being able to relax at home and everything while I'm having the baby. Although I don't like the idea of having to clean up myself afterwards haha! xx

I think the midwife cleans up as they bag all the yucky stuff up and put it with medical waste.

hmm well that all looks great, but surely there must be some pain? i mean your body is going through such a dramatic change in the space of a few hours, it almost doesnt seem possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back