Would you take young children to Egypt?

katie05

Reaction score
We have decided to go away before i go back to work so want to go somewhere in the next month The med will be on the cool side So..hubby suggested Egypt but my mum said that i shouldnt take the children there.

Would you consider it or not? We are looking at all inclusive so would be in a resort.

Other idea was the carribean but im thinking a 10 hour flight with a 3yr old and 7 month old could be a bad idea??

Any opinions appreciated. :hug:

I am looking at going to Egypt in the Spring for a week so I vote Yes :)

I think the issue with Eygpt is that the water is very different in mineral content to here and alot of people who go end up getting a dodgy tummy! I've been and was perfectly fine though. If you stick to bottled water and careful what you eat, it'll be fine!

What about mexico,we stopped at the gran ahia principe near tulum.Took all my kids twice,1st time they were 1,5,11 and 21.Have also taken a 12 week old baby to florida.Never found the flying a problem always plenty to do on the plane.
I think the hygiene in Egypt would bother me,my friends just been to a 5 star and they all had a dodgy belly.

we were supposed to be going there next month but couldn't afford it :( if i had the money then we woul defo have went, aiden would be 9 months :D

That is what we were thinking few months ago- and the answer is no. You will almoust 100% have tummy trouble and you dont want your kids to get it.

Now we succesfully booked a mediteranian holday. Closer + much safer.

It is up to you, but for me it is a big no - no. (My boy is 17 months old. Maybe for 5+ it would have been ok).

i have been to eygpt a few times and i think its great. Just to clear up something about the dodgy stomach thing its not from the food you get it from being dhydrated so as long as u have bottled water jucies etc. u will be fine. theres a fantastic water park with a great young childrens area. The best beaches are the private ones. the sands better. there was plenty of young children when ever iv been. But on a down side i have a few frind who live in the middl east such as dubai and they have advised not to go to egypt at the moment as i wanted to go over the next few weeks. have u thought of tenerife as tht still in te 20's at the mo. hth

i went to egypt a few years ago, before children. we went in may and the heat was unbearable for me. Its about a 5 hour flight. We went to cairo and it was chaotic, i'd be scared of loosing the kids lol. its up to you, its a nice place to see, i'd be back in a shot if the pennies allowed it!

I've been to Egypt and I would 100% take my kids there, it was FANTASTIC and I never got ill.
I stayed at a real basic place too... just huts on the beach and it was amazing, I wish I could take my kids there to take them snorkelling you get all turtles and moral eels and massive fish right on the shore.

:cheer:

I would defs take my kids there. I went in August, travelled around and stayed in really basic hotels and didn't get sick at all

I would take my baby there...

Ive been twice now, its beautiful, i went with my family first time and friends second, not one of us got ill.

We stayed in sharm el sheike and i honestly cant say the clenliness was an issue.

It was one of the cleanest hotels ive ever stayed in.

Me and OH went to marmaris in turkey in September and it was repulsive... but ive been twice before and loved it. - I wouldnt recommend it now though.

xx

Thanks so much for your replies girls..i took a big gulp before reading the replies as since i posted this morning we have booked to go all inclusive to sharm :D Ive read about the tummy troubles and im going to take the ready made cartons of milk for my youngest. We also considered turkey but read about loads of stomach troubles there too so went for sharm as it is warmer and a beautiful hotel.

Dreading the 5 hour flight though but hoping that was it's be better than i thought once ive done it!

Thanks again :hug:

OOh Sharm is wonderful! Make sure you go snokelling if you can't scuba dive!

Strange, I posted a very similar thread around october time and I got the exact opposite response.
I went ahead a booked the holiday and my parents are meant to be having Alex, but I've been thinking of not going because 2 weeks away from him is just way too much, I don't know why I even booked the thing and what made me think I could go without him for 2 weeks.
I may well ring up and see if there is any chance we can add him on to our holiday, If not, I'm not going.

Gangofin, i hope you can get your little one added if thats what you want-we paid nothing for either as First Choice has kids under 12 free which covered our 3 year old and then we paid a £20 supplement for my 7 month old. (which i think was for cot etc).

Where are you staying?

We're going to Luxor, I'm gonna give Thomas Cook a call tomorrow and get him added on. It should only be the fuel prices on the plane.

I would for sure!
I have been looking into booking a hol in Sharm el sheikh myself! :D

I wudnt take myself there never mind a child/baby!

but then my SIL went there and had an awful time, spent it throwing up etc. And friends of ours went and also got sick... neither of them had ice in drinks or ate chicken etc.

I wudnt go at all, but thats just me :) it may be that those were two cases of back luck.

I wudnt take myself there never mind a child/baby!

Oh no..thanks for your reply but i actually felt a bit sick when i read that...we are staying in a very popular family hotel-do you think that will make a difference? Im kinda thinking if most were ill so many English families wouldnt go..would they. (or at least i hope :( )

Is the water thing not the same in other countries like Turkey etc? We went on hineymoon to the Dominican and hubby had a dodgy tummy there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back