would you fly 34 weeks ??

scandicmum85

Reaction score
I am thinking going on a quick holiday back to Norway now next week I will be 34 weeks and stay there for a week, and fly back when Im 35 weeks and half, I read its ok to fly up to 36 weeks?xx
I hate flying too lol.. but just really want to see my sister and her new babyx

It depends upon the airline, some won't let you fly at 36 weeks, others will. Either way, you'll need a doctors letter confirming how pregnant you are at the time of travel. I don't think i would have flown but that's more because at 34 weeks, i was really struggling with tiredness and my blood pressure drops a lot making me feel very ill, so i don't think i'd have coped with the airport/flight

I personally wouldnt but thats no benchmark hun, Im super hyper cautious about everything...my SIL fly to Australia in her last tri before 36weeks though I think..as Nik106 said have a chat with your doc...not sure if its done on individuals health either? mmm notsure xxx

I personally wouldn't, but mainly because I'm such a worrier! x

Some airlines wont let you fly and they all vary, I would contact them first and check your travel insurance as well. Would be worth speaking to your midwife as well see what her opinion is from how your pregnancy has progressed. Must admit I personally wouldn't fly but I dont really like flying either so would stress me out which isn't good just now!

Yes booked ticket tonight so I am leaving saturday, my friend just flown and she is 36 weeks pregnant! Thought that was a bit crazy but as Im thinking its only 1 hour flight ?? surely what could happen on such a short trip. Just really need to see my family a bit before I have the baby here and cant travel for months! Asa it takes time to sort out passport etc for baby after birth and my little one is bored here and got holiday now xx

My baby was conceived in Boston and I haven't flown since, as I swore I wouldn't......due to a bad experience. However, if it were to go and see my family I would defo get on a plane, even at 39 weeks (if i was allowed)! Hope you have a fab time :)x

I'm a travel agent and as long as you have a doctors letter with you for airline you will be fine - enjoy!!! Oh and really do get the letter and maybe let airline know in advance cos you dont want to get turned away at airport....... At 36 weeks its pretty obvious you are well into end of pregnancy.

My OH and I went on holiday when I was 21 weeks pregnant. The air stewart asked me how far I was when we got on the plane. She was fine when I said 21 weeks. Not sure if she would of kicked me off if I had said 36 weeks.....

I wouldn't to be honest , i gave birth at 33 weeks!! xxx

I wouldn't fly !! Plus now I know that with my first I was early if never risk it lol z

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zain mansoor
Back