Would you ever hire a "Manny"?

SarahH

Reaction score
I got the Mother & Baby Magazine today and they had an article/debate in it about "Mannies" (Male Nannies) and whether or not you would hire one.

Just wondered what everyones views on it was?!?!?!

To be honest, if I were to get a Nanny, it wouldnt bother me what sex they were - I would still carry out all the background checks on them - male or female.

yes i would no problem i have worked with quite a few male nursery nurses and primary teachers and they have all been brill

i dont think i would have a problem with it to be honest
one of the blokes i went to skool with works at a nursery and his brilliant at his job

i dont think i would have a problem with it to be honest
one of the blokes i went to skool with works at a nursery and his brilliant at his job

I wouldnt...but then again I wouldnt hire a nanny either.

sigh... wish I had the money to hire a nanny full stop :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I wouldn't have a nanny at all but if I did I think I'd be happy to have a man to look after my son but would feel uncomfortable about a man looking after a baby girl. I don't know why, it just wouldn't sit right with me.

I haven't voted because I'm not sure which one fits best

:rotfl: if my OH would let me!

Seriously though, I think it would be good for kids who don't have a male role model in their life- as long as they had the same qualifications and checks as a Nanny I would be quite happy for a 'Manny' to look after my baby.

I wouldnt have a nanny either - was just interested in your views

I dont know, i would feel uncomfortable about it but i think it all comes down to paedo's, not that all men are, i mean just that it only seems to be men so would just be safer to use a woman instead just to be on the safe side.

Does that make sense? :?

A female nanny is just as likely to be an abuser as a male nanny is. I actually think id be very comfortable with a male nanny simply because a man has got to be dedicated to do that job, think of the grief they get for having what is a traditionally a female role.

I don't know what to vote...

I don't find it dodgy or anything.

but kenzo likes women more than men so... :lol:

hmmm.. although like the others i wouldnt ever have a nannie, i dont think it would bother me what sex they were if i would have one.. i think its really good for kids to have a role model in their life especially if their parents are absent a lot.. so the idea of a nannie instead of a child minder if the parents are away ion business etc.. seem better to me.. although i could never have kids if i was away on busin ess all the time.. its just not right..(the people i was thinking about here are victoria and david B, she doesnt need the extra money by working away all the time.. so why do it?)

Melanie said:
A female nanny is just as likely to be an abuser as a male nanny is. I actually think id be very comfortable with a male nanny simply because a man has got to be dedicated to do that job, think of the grief they get for having what is a traditionally a female role.

Ditto, stephen had a male nursery nurse at his last nursery and he was fantastic. If i could and needed a nanny then a male wouldnt bother me!

:rotfl: im sorry but this just makes me think of freddie prince jnr in friends :lol: now if he was a manny i defently would :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back