Would this not really annoy you...

zebrastripes

Reaction score
...because it annoys me.

The question "Does she take after her daddy, because she definitly doesn't take after you!"
:twisted:

I have been asked this a couple of times, usually by older women who are friends of my grandparents. Today it was actually the friend of my gran's best friend- we were in town & met her in a coffee shop & she said it. I don't know this woman at all. For a start I think it is quite a rude question to ask, also the way she said it was a bit...off...IYKWIM.

They are all very religious, my gran and her circle of friends, so naturally quite a few of the friends who don't know me "disapprove". I'm not sure if this question is meant in a prying way- as in, trying to find out if dad is still around- which he very much is.

Anyway i find it quite rude, this woman today was very abrupt. Willow does look like me when I was a baby, and she does look quite a bit like Daniel, but she isn't 10 months old, it isn't like her features are massivly recognisable or anything :roll:

Am I being a bit precious?

don't worry :) people do this to me and OH and I have been married 4 years!

I get it the opposite way, people comment on how much my kids look like me and not like their daddy. I cant help it, its not my fault :lol:

Dont stress, people say the daftest things,

I get it all the time too when people comment on hannah- and i do find it abit weird, especially if they are going on about how beautiful she is and in the same breath say shes nothing like me! :think: :oops: :shock: *lol* :rotfl:
She looks nothing like me to be fair. NOTHING AT ALL. She is completly and utterly 'her fathers child' :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I can totally understand where your coming from :hug:

Yeah i get it all the time too.

James is completely a mini-me for his daddy. From his dimples down to the fact that his second toe is bigger than his big toe!!

It does my head in :wall:

I carried him for 9 months...could he not look just a little bit like me???!

:evil:

once i saw a friend of mums and she hadn't seen Hayden before- i was with OH and she looked at us both and said "are you sure there wasn't a mix up at the hospital because he looks nothing like either of you" not only that but then i said oh normally ppl say hes the double of me she carried on insisting that he didn't look like me one little bit and that ppl had probably only told me that to be polite!!

i found it very annoying-i don't blame you for being peed off- its just one of those things that ppl say i would guess without thinking it might be a stupid thing to say-or might annoy/offend someone!!

Jen&James said:
Yeah i get it all the time too.

James is completely a mini-me for his daddy. From his dimples down to the fact that his second toe is bigger than his big toe!!

It does my head in :wall:

I carried him for 9 months...could he not look just a little bit like me???!

:evil:
thats exactly the same with jack and his daddy. does my head in too :roll: . im hoping his brother looks more like me :lol:

yes!! EVERYONE says how much Anjali looks like her daddy. In a way its good because I was hoping she would have his eyelashes, his mouth etc...(also nobody can doubt he's the daddy!!!) but Im starting to feel left out!!!!!

My Inlaws ALWAYS say this when I'm around, EVERYTIME I see them :x i'm not sure what they're trying to achieve out of it. When he was born Harrison looked the spit of what I did when I was a baby but no the Inlaws say different even though they've never seen a picture of me as a baby. I never have anyone to back me up though so just say well others have said different to me!

eh, what did she mean by that?! :? bit of a bizarre thing to say, i think! how does she "not take after" you? i cant think why someone would say that other than as some kind of snipe but tbh i cant even think what she's hopin 2 imply with that :think:
well whatever shes tryna get at, i think the best way to handle it would to be all sweet and light and act like u havent inferred anything from it, dont give the satisfaction! thats what i do, if i suspect someone is dropping snidey hints (even if its very subtle and im not sure) i'll act the opposite of what i think theyre tryna make me and be extra chirpy and nice- usually annoys them! lol :hug:

Luckily with Stephen hes looked like both of us at different stages in his life, though honestly now he looks more like tommo but has my hair and eyes.

My daughter looks jut like me - though she has freaky little toes with funny nails on them, my oh has the same freaky little toes :rotfl: of all the things she inherits from him and she gets this! :rotfl: :rotfl:

paris is like me but harry is the mirror image of his dad :lol: (poor little thing) :rotfl:

I get it from OH's family a bit, but not in a nasty way and it doesn't really bother me. Cara totally takes after OH in every way, hardly like me at all! :(

elaine22 said:
I get it from OH's family a bit, but not in a nasty way and it doesn't really bother me. Cara totally takes after OH in every way, hardly like me at all! :(

sorry off topic but your little girl has the same DOB as my son- a year later than him.. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back