Would this bother you?

Id have no problem if I was asked but I hated my kids being passed aroung like toys :(

I completely agree with what the others have said. This is something my MIL used to do with my son, she would walk in and take him pass him round to everyone ( MIL and FIL used to turn up with SIL and her Oh, without asking). We only have a very small house (2 rooms downstairs) so she didn't really leave the room, it was more the fact that from the moment they arrived to the moment they left I wasn't allowed to touch my son.

It got to the point that Mil wouldn't take ds into the kitchen so she could do things she knew wasn't allowed. When ds was about 2 she started inviting ds into the loo with her, our loo is super small so her fandago was right in his face!!! There were some very strong words said.

At the end of the day it's your lo and if your not comfortable with something thats the end of the story. It doesn't matter what other people think it's your lo so your decision xx:hugs:

What is it with OHs families and trying to take them away from their mother??? Makes my blood boil!!
My mum still asks if she can get her out of her car seat if she's woken up while I'm in the other room! It's respect!

Last edited:
I completely agree with what the others have said. This is something my MIL used to do with my son, she would walk in and take him pass him round to everyone ( MIL and FIL used to turn up with SIL and her Oh, without asking). We only have a very small house (2 rooms downstairs) so she didn't really leave the room, it was more the fact that from the moment they arrived to the moment they left I wasn't allowed to touch my son.

It got to the point that Mil wouldn't take ds into the kitchen so she could do things she knew wasn't allowed. When ds was about 2 she started inviting ds into the loo with her, our loo is super small so her fandago was right in his face!!! There were some very strong words said.

At the end of the day it's your lo and if your not comfortable with something thats the end of the story. It doesn't matter what other people think it's your lo so your decision xx:hugs:

Omg about the loo! I would flip!

I am glad I am not the only one who feels this way. If he had just said "is it ok if I take her in the other room?" then It would be different.

I think I am just always annoyed with them. At the last visit sil said " lets get a photo with all the girls in the family! come on mom and Grandma!". So took a photo of my lo, sil, mil and mil's mother... I was sittig right there and they didn't even consider taking one photo wiht me in it. I don't think I really exist to them.... I was just meant to give them a granchild lol.

That's bloody harsh!! I feel like that with OHs family too! Like I was just the oven!!

Oh in laws eh?! I feel your pain, mine drive me up the wall. They had a 'family photo' when Isaac was born without me in it too! The other day my FIL was holding Isaac & he started crying, FIL did nothing to comfort him, just sat there so I said "shall I take him?", meaning "give him here", & FIL said "no, it's ok, I don't mind if he cries"!! Well I bloody do! I couldn't sit there watching him cry & do nothing so I said I thought he might need feeding & took him upstairs. I hate it when they come round!

What a fool! Why would u be ok with ur baby crying?? :roll: I get blamed for 'molly coddling' when she cries at his family and gets upset when I leave the room.. :shock: all 6 month old babies need their mum more than anyone else! They just don't get it do they?? Noones taken a photo of me and lily either :(

Very bizarre to not say anything. Surely it's a normal/ polite thing to ask first? I even ask OH if I can take her when he's holding her. ( that's usually for a feed as he's welcome to hold her- I have her all day afterall) My mum always says 'can I have a cuddle now?' yeah I think the not asking is very bad manners!

I actually thought I was going to have a heart attack I was so angry. I raged to Hubby once they had left. MIL only responds to letters so if there is something wrong you have to write to her. MIL's response ' I don't see the problem, I'm his grandma' :wall2::wall2::wall2:

So my son should be able to see both my sister's, his aunt's, great grandma's and my mum's fandango, just because they related??? :looped::looped:

I also am never in 'family' photos and just because SIL has had a baby ( they get to do what they like with it) they haven't bothered taking one photo of DD since she was born.

MIL is now very crafty (she isn't allowed to look after the kids as she is mental) so takes my son to one side (now 4) and tells him to come home with grandma and tells him to tell me like it's his idea!!! What she doesn't realise is I have ears like a bat and hear everything :lol:

It's cruel to say things to ur son like that.. I'd go mental! Like how about ask the mum before u ask the child?? Like my nan always tells the kids about family parties before asking me if we are free! Drives me mental!!

What is with people? They seem to think that if they are a grandparent then they can override what us moms have to say. I can not beleive that mookie! No one is taking my lo into the loo with them! Imagine if a man took a child in with him! How is it any different if it is a woman!?

What is with people? They seem to think that if they are a grandparent then they can override what us moms have to say. I can not beleive that mookie! No one is taking my lo into the loo with them! Imagine if a man took a child in with him! How is it any different if it is a woman!?

I know, it's different if your their mum, you can never have a loo break in peace again but I was so shocked at her doing it, I just couldn't believe it.

I know this sounds silly but I cried for weeks because I felt like he had been abused and I didn't protect him. I don't allow her in a room on her own with the kids as she is so unpredictable. The worst bit is FIL and SIL ignore the behaviour and say 'oh, it's her depression she doesn't understand' but she does! Up until about a year ago hubby used to say the same thing but I guess he opened his eyes after I spent years telling him it's not right.

Also MIL is very opinionated but she doesn't just give her opinion once, she gives it, we decline to follow it and I'm still hearing about years later!:wall2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back