Would any of you consider buying one of these...

Suzie and Faith

Reaction score
A treasure basket for your baby/toddler.
One that contains things such as wooden spoons, whisks, pastry brushes, bath puff things, loofas etc.

My MIL made one for Fluff for Christmas full of random household things and Faith loves it!
I was wondering if it is the sort of thing people would buy ready made - if they didn't have the time to find all the bits themselves...

any thoughts?

P.S will post a pic of Fi and hers later

You need to include a mouse, mobile and remote control for lil miss. :lol: :lol: :lol: .. its a good idea tho

you can buy them ready made, can't think where right now but they had them at the nursery i worked at

That would be a cool prezzy I would deffo consider it, for my own I would use my old stuff but a £10 gift basket I would seriously consider buying for friends/family.

Are you thinking of setting up business?

thanks for the responses!

I am considering it as a business idea :)
I would try and make them fairly cheap - I was thinking £10ish and maybe doing different sizes baskets...

If MIL hadn't have made Fi one then i'd have done it myself but i'm oping some people would find it easier to buy one, what do you reckon? Might it work?
:hug: :hug:

would do for my lazy ass :lol: I say £10 as thats what i usually spend on birthdays/xmas/new baby etc as we just have so many to buy for

My aunt made one for DD's Christmas and it is by far her favourite present!

£10 sounds like the sort of price I would happily pay for one but I don't think you'd make any money on it. They are supposed to have a lot of things in so even if you just went for 20 things buying as cheaply as possible you'd be at least £5. Add the price of the basket and the postage and you've made nothing. In theory you should only have things out of natural materials and that would throw the price way up. DD has things like scrubbing brushes, a plastic soap dish and plastic funnels included in hers and she loves them so I think it would be fine to include them. But to create a decent treasure basket on a small scale you'd have to charge more and personally I wouldn't pay much more than that for a basket where someone else chooses the contents unless the contents looked really good.

If you did it so that people could choose what went in the baskets, item by item, that would give you something other websites offering the baskets don't have. This would make them more expensive but worth it for the choice.

The baskets in the first link above are not particularly suitable as they are too light. As baby chooses for themselves it should be a fairly heavy or sturdy basket.

Although I don't know for sure, I would say it cost my aunt at the very least £20 to put together DD's basket, if she said it was £40 I could believe that.

I think you should make ur buggly snuggliest for moneys :) Your really imaginative bet you could make it really snazzy !

We've had one for Galen for about 2 months now. He loves it. We use a new washing up bowl and its got everything from a wooden spoon to a spatula in it. He always just grabs the basket and tips it all out so we opted for the washing up bowl instead as it was easier all round :roll: We did try a wicker basket but it didn't work for him :lol:

List of things in it at present

Large car sponge
Loofa mit
Remote control
Funnels x 3 in various sizes
Chocolate box tray
Toothpaste box
Milk bottle
2 large plastic salad spoons
Scrubbing brush
Small cake tin x 2
Lids of various sizes
Plastic tubs
Metal scouring pad
Tub of tabs (still sealed)
Pastry brush

All things I have lying round the house or picked up in the £ shop for him. I"ll use the things in it once he is done with them. Plus we rotate things around or add new things and take out old ones so he doesn't get bored with it.

Sherlock, that sounds pretty much like what Faith has. She does have a basket but the stuff gets tipped out whilst she chews on it then she chucks it aside.

I am still not sure people would buy them for the amount it'd actually cost to make them. hmm.

It was my OH's idea and he reckoned it would work but I wasn't so sure. I guess I could put together a couple and put them on ebay and see what happens... if it fails miserably well then i'll give them away or give them to Fluff. lol.

I loveeee them though!

Sherlock you should put an old CD or DVD in there, they love them they are so shiney and smooth :)

The living room is my daughter's treasure basket. Visitors often wonder why there's a wooden spoon in a vase and an empty plastic bottle filled with rice on top of the Xbox :lol:

Urchin said:
Sherlock you should put an old CD or DVD in there, they love them they are so shiney and smooth :)

Cally loves these - a bit too much

DSL, I love filling plastic bottles with stuff, Cally loves the christmassy one me and Seren made with glitter and sequin shapes and beads. I also like putting buttons in a bottle for her to chuck about.

Suzie and Faith said:
Sherlock, that sounds pretty much like what Faith has. She does have a basket but the stuff gets tipped out whilst she chews on it then she chucks it aside.

I am still not sure people would buy them for the amount it'd actually cost to make them. hmm.

It was my OH's idea and he reckoned it would work but I wasn't so sure. I guess I could put together a couple and put them on ebay and see what happens... if it fails miserably well then i'll give them away or give them to Fluff. lol.

I loveeee them though!

I think the thing is that they are made from every day things from around your house. So if you are making one or 2 it doesn't cost much as you have a lot of the things. If you are trying to make lots to sell then you have to buy the things to go in them. Apparently Dunelm Mill and Ikea are the best (cheapest) places to get things. I'd have thought Asda too.

I was mistaken in my last post, there are a number of sites that allow you to choose the items you would like for your treasure basket so O guess it wouldn't be the extra-that-others-aren't-offering that I said before.

Good luck!

I think childrens likes and dislike are a bit to specific for you to make boxes up that would appeal to everyone. Maybe if people ordered customised ones that would work? :think:

Isaac loves washing up but I wouldn't buy a basket of washing up stuff, I just stand him on a chair at the sink :)

If I was going to sell something it would be nice keepsake boxes with diferent compartments for things and a doll's head that you can attach to the side of the bath that has hair for LO's to wash while they are having their own hair washed :)

Or do these things already exist? :think: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back