worst mother of the year award

Sandi4Paul

Reaction score
Well i'm nominating myself for this award. despite Logan only turning 17 weeks today, i gave him some baby rice last night!

I really had to, he has had a cold so his food demand dropped leading to a drop in my supply. It came back monday but my supply hasn't as yet. Monday night he was attached fir 1 1/2 hours trying to get enough to go to sleep. when he did it only lasted 2 hours before wanting more. He is also going through a no bottle phase regardless of contents, teat size or time of day (we try and give him one bottle of EBM in the evenings).

anyway he took most of it and slept better cos he was finally full.

i expect this will lead to conselling as he get older due to repressed memories, but as it helped him sleep i have done it again tonight.

we wont give anything else for at least 3 - 4 weeks yet, but there will be more rice given for my sanity.

Sandi

17 weeks is the earliest you can, so i wouldn't worry! Angel was 18 weeks when i started her. And the following week i just stuck her straight on veg!
I could feel guilty, but seeing her growth chart tells me it was the right thing to do! She is slightly below the 50th centile, but she has created her own curve directly under it!

I knew it was the right thing to do, as you did! So DO NOT feel bad about it!

Harrison will be joining logan then as he was weaned at 17 weeks too :lol:

bah, I wudnt worry... Corey had rice from 14 weeks, so I beat you! :)

[/quote]bah, I wudnt worry... Corey had rice from 14 weeks, so I beat you!
smarty pants!

We're gonna wait to introduce vegtables as i have ezcama and my husband has hayfever and they are two indications to wait until later to introduce solids (apparently).

However competitive mum in NCT beat us by offereing rice on monday to her wonder child.

Sandi

bah, I wudnt worry... Corey had rice from 14 weeks, so I beat you!
smarty pants!

We're gonna wait to introduce vegtables as i have ezcama and my husband has hayfever and they are two indications to wait until later to introduce solids (apparently).

However competitive mum in NCT beat us by offereing rice on monday to her wonder child.

Sandi

I hate competitive NCT mum!!

I was going to wait, but once we'd started, I cudnt help but give him apple puree and pear...!!

We only weaned that early on Pead advice. I dont know how old we'd have gotten to other wise, deffo not 6months thats for sure, looking at him now and the amount he wolfs down!!

Just so long as you dont feel bad for doing it... :hug:

:oops: I did the same last night too. I do have a 20lb + baby so I was prepared to wean early and I can't up his bottles anymore because I can't get any more milk into them and my boobs currently have nowhere near enough milk.

I think Rudy and Logan were born about a day apart!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back