Weening and other food thingys

yes you may have got info from pro's but to state exclusively feeding babies milk until there 6 monthd makes them lazy??? thats not on is it?

paradysso said:
yes you may have got info from pro's but to state exclusively feeding babies milk until there 6 monthd makes them lazy??? thats not on is it?

Didn't say makes them lazy, did I :wink:

Sorry if I caused any offense.............. :oops:

Jeez she said no offence was meant by her post :roll: The way I see it is that exclusively breast/bottle feeding will not make a baby lazy, you obviously know that Paradysso so there is no need to get worked up over it is there. She was only asking for advice regarding weaning anyway

i can see paradyssos point of view.. some time people say things that are daft and uniformed.. i like to see evidence when things so important as feeding your baby, sterilising etc that can cause harm to babies if not done correctly..think before you speak might be a little bit of advise..

I think every baby is different. There is no way Jess would have lasted till 6 months before she got food, she was on big bottles from 9 days and always was hungry but she wasnt ready for at 4 months either, it was a case of trying her with the rice and when she was ready I knew.

With Joe tho he was never a happy feeder, I tried early weaning with him and it never worked but he was never satisfied even if he got food so I just stuck to milk and he still wasnt happy. I think he was a lot later to start eating than Jess but is a better eater now and was on the jars less because he would rather nibble on a sausage or whatever was going from our plate. But thats a different thread because right now they are eating nothing and its all going tits up. :roll:

If I remb, Joseph was drinking from 2 weeks - 150 - 200ml's a time. In the end, I stopped giving him a low amount, as he would shout for more, so I went with a bigger bottle, until he stopped himself, which was usually around the 150 - 200 ml mark. He'd have this 5 - 6 times a day and was perfectly fine.

What we say today are guidelines; I still think 20 odd yrs ago, what our mother's were giving us, is, still in effect, OK but you have to practice with caution and weariness. Look at pureed foods and such in supermarkets, would they still be saying from 4 months up, if it wasn't ok?

We all have a different opinion at the end of the day, what one person would do to her child, another person may not.

Josephine_Beth said:
If I remb, Joseph was drinking from 2 weeks - 150 - 200ml's a time. In the end, I stopped giving him a low amount, as he would shout for more, so I went with a bigger bottle, until he stopped himself, which was usually around the 150 - 200 ml mark. He'd have this 5 - 6 times a day and was perfectly fine.

What we say today are guidelines; I still think 20 odd yrs ago, what our mother's were giving us, is, still in effect, OK but you have to practice with caution and weariness. Look at pureed foods and such in supermarkets, would they still be saying from 4 months up, if it wasn't ok?

We all have a different opinion at the end of the day, what one person would do to her child, another person may not.

I remember going into the chemist with Joe asking for this stuff that my granny said she had given my dad as he was a hungry baby and I could see her trying to hide her laughs as she looked up her book and informed me that they hadnt sold it 'for a while' :lol: Farex, that was it :doh:

have you tried hungry baby formula J_B? ive never used it myself, just wondering if you have given it a go? has ur hv suggested it?

lisa&alex said:
have you tried hungry baby formula J_B? ive never used it myself, just wondering if you have given it a go? has ur hv suggested it?

Aptamil is the only formula he won't throw up, we tried about 7 diff ones, that hungry baby one, was very bad on Jo.

Thank you though.

Only problem is, he is about the size of a 6 - 7 month old, he will only fit in 6 - 9 month's clothing.

how much does he weigh?

the general rule of thumb for formula amounts is 2.5 - 2.7 ounces (oz) per pound (lb) of body weight. So if your baby weighs 6lb, he should consume about 15 or 16oz of formula in a 24-hour period. If he weighs 10lb, he should have roughly 25 - 27oz in a 24-hour period.
Please note; this rule of thumb doesn't really work with metric measures.

from http://www.babycentre.co.uk/baby/formula/howmuchmilk/

17.19lb.. so is that 18lb 3oz? coz theres only 16 oz in a lb? anyways according to that calculator thing from baby centre he should be having about 45oz in a day. dunno if thats true.. try see if u can work it out.. my heads away witht eh fairys today

lisa&alex said:

my hv suggested it becus altho she is being weaned and is on 40 oz in the day she was waking in the night for an extra 8oz, she has been on it for 2 weeks now and still wakes for 8oz in the night :shock:

it also can makle them more constipated and they recommend giving them plenty of water to keep them loose but my little one hasnt been affected by this as yet but she has always drunk lots of water and juice.

also i weaned her early and she has not dropped any milk at all at the moment, but she did gain weight quite rapidly when born tho which could explain her extra appetite ( she put on a pound a week for first 4 weeks!!)

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back