worrying again **updated**

mishm

Reaction score
Hi,well it will be 2 weeks tomorrow since i was told i was going to have a miscarriage and it has still not happened yet ! im so dissapointed because i really dont want to have medical management, i will have to ring the hospital up tomorrow and see what they say but i think thats what they will offer me.
I have thought a couple of times it was going to happen as i start to bleed but not alot at all really,then it just stops.
Has anyone ever gone the 2 weeks if so what happened with you ?
any advice grateful thanks xx

Hi michelle,
I was told if i left it to nature it could take up to 3-4 weeks, My friend i told you about not so long ago, she miscarried when she would have been 11 weeks but her baby died at 5-6 weeks, so either way, it took her 5-6 weeks.
I know they can give you tablets that will speed it up, so you don't have to go to theartre unless it's really needed....maybe thats an option you can discuss?
I am so sorry you have to go through this doll, Please take care and be kind to yourself, :hug: such a heartache without this extra wait for you :cry:
Keep in touch love Yvonne xx :hug:

hi hun im so sorry that it has been going on for a while and still nothing has happened like fynemum has said there must be some options available to you i would phone the hospital and see what they say. Take care hun thainking of you, :hug: :hug: x x

Well i rang the hospital up today and she gave me the options of waiting or medical management or a d&c even though she tried her best to put me off a d&c, but i said to her i would rather just go in and have this done rather than go back and forth to hospital and then maybe even having to have a d*c in the end (i live 60 miles away from the hospital).
so she said ok i understand i will talk to the doctor and get this sorted for you but as soon as i got off the phone and went to the loo there was a bit more blood not alot but ive getting this on and off for 3 days now so i rang back up and said could i wait a few more days as i think it might be going to happen soon,and that was fine theres no physical harm waiting as long as my head can take it .got to go get bloods done in the morning so she can check that everything is going the way it should be and my iron level,then il talk to her tomorrow again.
sorry for the very long post.fingers crossed it will start naturally and i wont need to go in as i just get myself so worked up its unreal.

:hug: wee hug babes :hug: Take good care of you just now, nice hot bath might help too, :hug: Lv Yvonne xx

Hi mishm, firstly so sorry for what you are goin through i went through the exact same thing in april, just wanted to tell u how long it took me, i was 14 wks and 6 days when i started to bleed hospital cinfirmed m/c baby had died at 12 wks so that was nearly 3 wks before the bleed then it was a week after i was told, that i had the full m/c.
I hope your ok hun. Just do what u feel best for your self.

xx

Well spoke to the hospital again today and the nurse said they want to get me in on monday to scan me to see if everything still there or of anythings there and if it is they will take me down to theatre to have a d&c.
Im just hoping that i pass everything by monday as ive started bleeding now and dont think it will be too long now i know i will be a wreck again on sunday night but just the thought of surgery and hospitals scare me.
either way i suppose it will come to an end by monday.x

Awwwwwwwwwww :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: whilst you're going through this (and some for after). Hope this bleed is it and good luck for Monday.

oh hun im thinking of you and good luck for monday sending you :hug: :hug: i had a d and c so if i can help at all or if you have any questions just ask. It is quite quick and there is nothing to be scared off i know its easy for me to say that but i promise you every thing will be ok, hopefully it will all happen by monday. Look after yourself hun :hug: :hug: x x

I had medical management last year with my first miscarriage.

I started heavy spotting brown blood and was sent for a scan a couple of days later.
My dates were just over 9 weeks Pg but the baby was showing as 6 weeks.

They made me wait 2 weeks just in case my dates were wrong but I knew I was right. I bled on and off red/brown blood but no clots.

Then I had a second scan which confirmed that within the 2 weeks the baby hadn't grown so was definately a missed miscarriage.

I decided to wait a further 2 weeks to see if I could miscarry normally but again I had a couple of days bleeding without clots and then nothing.

2 weeks later I had another can and things hadn't changed so I opted for Medical management. I took a tablet orally on the thursday and was booked into the womens unit for saturday morning.

I came in first thing @8.30am and was given a couple (can't remember if it was 2 or 4) tablets internally which was supposed to start slight contractions and expel the baby.

Nothing happened for a few hours but then I started to get stomach cramps. They were like really really bad period pains. I ended up having pethedine...never again It didn't agree with me the pain was still there but I felt drunk and almost passed out a few times and I was sick.
But not everone has the same reaction.

Then I started to bleed and after being there 4/6 hrs I was given another set of tablets internally.

Every time I went to the toilet I had to put a bed pan over the loo to see what I was losing. And give it to the nurse.

By about 7.30pm I had lost a lot of blood & clots and they wanted to keep me in but I said I wanted to go home so they let me.

I was given an appointment to go back in 2 weeks.

I stopped bleeding the day before that appointment and was given the all clear.

Despite the pain and discomfort I would still have had medical management over a D&C anyday.

I'm so sorry you're having to go though all this pain and worry :(

If you want to chat you know where I am.

Take Care :hug:

Charm X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back