Worrying about Weird things!

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I feel like I need to chat with some of you, this is my first pregnancy so I am new to all the weird feelings I am having.
I am having the most odd phase at the moment where all I keep thinking about is downs syndrome, I know that sounds odd. But I am so worried that my baby is gonna have it. (I used to work with downs adults and it used to break my heart).
I know its like a 1/1000 chance and I am only 24 so the chances are much lower but I cant understand why this is bothering me so much. There is no history of it in my family or my fiances, I dont know much about it, does anyone know any facts about it?

I have also noticed that I am having the most outragious mood swings at the moment one minute I am happy next I am crying, is this normal?
I am 8 weeks this week and I have my first appointment with the midwife this week for my 'pregnancy induction' hehe. Hoefully she can clarify some things for me too.

Its probably the hormones making you worry about this. You can have a nuchal fold scan at 12/13 weeks and this should reassure you :)

Hormones, nightmare they are. It's very normal to be all over the place babe :hug:
You will get blood tests to show your risk hun.

sounds normal to me, My emotions are demented, and at times at the moment I feel downright depressed!

I think as well the hormones make you irrational and prone to worrying more, I know I keep thinking of all the things that can go wrong, I even think about OH having a car crash on his way home one day so my kids are left without a dad! Your prob thinking about downs more cause of your history of working with them and also the fact its all in the media a lot more with the current Eastenders storyline.

Try not to worry hun, after all they will give you either a blood test or scan to check for it, and mad worrying is all normal when PG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back